• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own?

MandShowI said:
it started as a gamer thing..or at least it did for me.. any who..working stiff if you get a chance ask your buddy for a picture of his..thousands of minis..id love to see what obsession/insanity looks like in mini-disc form lol
The guy is a trip. 50ish guy who has never been married. He has everything. Frisbee pie tins. Early Wham-O's. He has an original Champion Eagle IN HIS BAG that he uses as a roller. He putts with patent pending beadless Aviars. Any disc you can think of, he has two. AT LEAST two.

The only thing he has more of than discs is minis. He has minis from everywhere, just thousands of them. I bet he has over 10,000 minis.

Anyway, he has stuff in boxes everywhere in his house. His basement is filled with discs and minis. So I was looking for a certain disc one day that he said he had a bunch of, and I suggested he let me in his basement to find some. He looked at me like I had just asked to see him naked. There was a long awkward silence until I said "uh...never mind." NOBODY gets to look at the plastic. You will see naked pictures of Michelle Obama before we see a picture of his disc/mini stash.

well shucks. anyone up for a covert opps mission to get a view of his collection? i wonder what itd be like to put those minis in a swimming pool and swim in minis hahaha

I used to have a count, but like Stiff, my wife isn't as excited by my collection as I am.
100_4911.JPG

100_4912.JPG

The pink Sterilite is tourney supplies. The rest is all plastic.

dang, i only have ~ 25 discs, and 10 of them are all p&a aviars i use for pratice. next time my wife calls me crazy i'm showing her working stiff's stash. that should shut her up... :mrgreen:

rusch_bag said:
So far from this thread I have learned that you shouldn't get married until you know you have all of the discs you are ever going to need.

My wife is pretty cool with it, the only problem I have is just like Working Stiff it is impossible for me to buy a new disc to try out without catching hell for it.

actual quote:

"What! why do you need the Boss? You already have tons of Orcs and SOLFs, you don't need a new distance driver. Do you really think you're going to get that much extra distance from it."

upon reflection it was not that smart to teach her about disc golf, now she knows enough to argue against me getting new stuff.

~24 sterilite 20qt's plus the good part of a few walls ;)
a few hundred. many purchased, most acquired as payment for services. a handful actually won in competition! :roll:

lots of backups (10-30 of the molds i throw in various plastics--lifetime supply), large trading stash (valuables and formerly thrown/tried molds), and tons of my custom stamps -- with very few exceptions i have at least one unthrown of every model ever stamped with my junk scribblin', with extras for molds i throw

it adds up. my loved ones are less enthused than i. the sterilites take up the top shelf of my closet on all sides.. it's like digging in a library 8)
highlights... separate (and full) tubs labeled Omega SS and Premium Omega. full tub of pearly Champ Orc. i think there are 3 or 4 tubs of various JLS :shock: ... also 1 tub full of random minis, and 1 tub of my businesscard-mini and various custom-stamps

Is it me or can you just have nothing once you're married? Probably a whole other post. I don't go out to the bars, I don't do the guys night out. Used to play some competitive video games, that had to take a back seat. Used to play basketball quite avidly, that has to take a back seat. I play disc golf and even that is on borrowed time.

Anyway, the guy who taught me has about 3 large boxes full of discs. He's very loyal to Innova so it's usually a lot of discraft and other brands, or really light stuff he doesn't throw, or old discs he doesn't use anymore.

As of today, 39. All Rocs, Aviars, Firebirds, Teebirds, and 2 elements.

Ask me last summer, it would have been about 450-500 if you count my stash at my parent's house

DGDAVE said:
As of today, 39. All Rocs, Aviars, Firebirds, Teebirds, and 2 elements.

Ask me last summer, it would have been about 450-500 if you count my stash at my parent's house

really? just 39?

A good wife should actually feign interest in the new discs you have just purchased.

rusch_bag said:
So far from this thread I have learned that you shouldn't get married until you know you have all of the discs you are ever going to need.

I got most of my discs after I was married... at my wife's urging, too. Just like Eric O says, a good wife is supportive. Okay, so maybe those are just the gullible ones.

Holy hell, My eyes lit up at that picture Stiff. Thanks for posting it. MORE DISC PRON.

LOL @ everyone saying "250, mostly just back ups to what I throw..." With a straight face. What are you stocking up for, Armageddon? Zombie Invasion? Computer/robot Take over?

The average player probably loses a handful of discs a year that aren't returned. several hundred back ups seems... excessive :lol: But whatever helps justify the collection - who am I to judge 8)

I have under 20. And a chunk of those are loaners for buddies or my girlfriend. I'm definitely slacking compared to you all. I think golf discs are in the perfect price range for getting sucked into hording. Its easy to justify 10 bucks here and there for a discs every few weeks or months. Then you realize - wow this kind of adds up.

Great collections though.

Its not that I lose a lot of discs, but a few of the courses I play are rough on plastic, specifically EGR from snap. A few good long skip shots off a parking lot (being the local route) will wear your stuff down quick.

I've got about 25. Several of each disc I have in my bag or might put in my bag
3 gazelles 3 dx teebirds, 2 wizards, 4 rocs, 2 z preds 1 aviar

and about 12 I bought just to try out.
z flick, dx firebird, z flash Z, X2 dx stingray, dx dragon d buzz, champ RR, dx banshee, dx eagle L, epic, esp pred

Discs I've lost
2 champ orcs, 1 champ wraith 1 dx wraith 1 champ starfire, 3 gazelles, 2 dx valks 2 cheetahs 1 aviar, 1 roc 2 dx beasts, plus a few from back before I knew the names of discs or manufactures, I just went to PIAS, bought one that looked fast, threw it till I lost it, then went and got another. Damn I've lost a lot of discs! The only ones I really miss are the champ wraith; my $$$ sidearm disc and my 1st roc. I guess the dx beast too. Someone gave me a really beat beast and it was the first disc I started throwing backhand with. It was ultra flippy and it worked great for me then.

Latest posts