• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
I have 41 including minis and discs out on loan (carry 15), hubby has 40 (carries 14). Besides that, we've given away more than 20.

Plastic is just another equipment addition for us......don't even ask about the skis and bikes :eek:!

OH, how I KNOW!

Plastic is just another equipment addition for us......don't even ask about the skis and bikes :eek:!

LOL, no doubt! don't even ask about the rock climbing, gold mining, backpacking equip.:eek:

as for discs, I have 21 and I have been playin for about 3 months
but my discovery of dying made me get about 6-7 of those just for fresh medium :eek:, then there's the 2- 2009 Worlds fundraiser discs I just ordered thinking about the baskets someone will win :D

I hadn't actually counted my discs in probably 5+ years.... 65 in total....25-30of which I've found in the past few months. I regularly carry 16-18 discs in my bag (w/ another 10 or so backups in the car) :D

See, I disagree with Geoffro about the two disc learning method. That seems like a player who only throws on courses and does the occasional field work. That may be good for the average person, but what if you want to jump in with both feet.

I have been playing for a little over a month and have 12 different molds. I play practically every day and spend about five hours a week throwing in soccer fields.

I believe figuring out how to throw two discs every which way is good for learning the game, but it doesn't give you the experience of throwing different discs the same way (hyzer, anhyzer, fast, slow, turn, fade, rollers, tomahawks, thumbers) to see how they react. After a few rounds of throwing all of your discs a certain way (for example: hyzer shots), you will visually see which discs react better.
Plus, throwing 10+ discs in a field for an hour will net you more throwing experience than two because of all the retrieving.

After a month, I throw consistently 250' with a 300' ceiling and I have visually seen what I can get from each disc. I think having different molds of plastic have helped me develop my game and understanding of what the different discs have to offer.

51 with a Discraft misprint 10 pack on the way - I'm hoping to get some new molds to try. That and the four I've lost to the drink and the two Beasts I lost before realizing the mold just wasn't for me (despite still carrying one).

See, I disagree with Geoffro about the two disc learning method. That seems like a player who only throws on courses and does the occasional field work. That may be good for the average person, but what if you want to jump in with both feet.

Buying a ton of different molds <> jumping in with both feet

Quantity <> quality

Throwing tons of discs to maximize your throwing time and minimize your walking takes the importance off of each throw, which won't help you to truly develop proper form. You may think your practicing is helping you now, but it'll hurt your progress in the long run. But if you want to buy a ton of different molds at this stage of your game, please at least do it at a local store that supports the sport and not Dick's or some other chain. They'll appreciate the business.

For the record, I started with two discs and played multiple rounds daily, on top of field practice, on top of watching every disc golf video, instructional or not, I could find on the Internet, on top of reading every word on every disc manufacturer's website I could find. I did it for the love of the game, despite wanting to buy every disc I saw. I'd say this is a pretty common reaction from most people on here. On top of that, I wish I'd found this site back then.

^ Well put :)
I think...I've got about 15...lost 4 so far, and one that may or may not be coming...DAMN AK RAFIKI !

Last edited:
I have 8 discs, I carry them all with me, and typically use 5 on an every round consistent basis.

My GF has only two discs, a light DX Valk and a putter, and she is quite content with those two. LOL

I probably have about 45, more than half found with little luck finding the true owners. I carry about 8 discs when I play and the rest are used for field practice.

Rough guess...about 200 or so. My "tourney bag" which is what I carry when I play has 22, I keep a bag in my vehicle that I take with me to tourneys that has about 30, that has backups to just about everything I throw, and more stable discs than I normally throw just in case it is tremendously windy and I need heavier/more stable. I have a bag of "retired" discs, that I used to throw, and changed out my bag, I have a "starter" bag with all light discs, and easy to learn with discs for anyone just learning and they have their own bag to play with for the day, then I also have a bag for my 5 year old son, and he is up to 6 or so now. Then I also have a few stacks of just oddballs...tourney winnings, players packs, etc...
As with most on here, my wife is NOT happy with my stash, but she does understand, and now that our son is getting more interested, she doesn't say too much when I bring home more plastic after a tourney. I have been trying more and more to use my tourney cashouts to get hats, shirts, etc..., but most places only have a few things other than discs, towels for example, and I currently have about 15 towels, so I'm stocked up on those...<and 6 hats as well>.

I think that I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 120. Funny thing is that I only have eight or so discs with me out on a round and a couple of those are just back ups. The others are just stored at the house collecting dust, until I get motivated enough to sell or trade some of them.

For a while there I kept on buying and buying discs, primarily ones with which I could practice my backhand. I have since slowed down my purchasing and started working more on my form instead. I probably have about 50 discs. I probably use about 10 in any given round but keep about 18 in my bag in case of lost discs or unique situations.

Whatever works! It sounds like throwing lots of discs right away worked for you - I can only testify that it screwed me up at the start. I had to learn how a disc flies before I could learn how different discs fly. Also, you sound a bit more dedicated than I was at the beginning...

I own 160 as of this morning. I probably was up to about 190 at the beginning of June. I want to get down to around 60 tops by the end of the year. I have been getting a lot of people started recently. I gave away 11 discs this week alone. The only sad part is I am pretty much out of putters and mids as freebies. I actually traded a couple discs to get a couple of putters just to have giveaways down the road. I just need to figure out my distance driver situation and a lot of my stuff can go. The other issue I have is I actually throw 4 different midrange and the fiance throws 2 different mids than I do. That makes 6 different mids and backups. I want to cut at least one out, but i cannot at the moment. All four I use right now for different shots that they actually all are amazing for.

Carry 13 in the small bag for long open courses.
Carry 17 in the large bag for tight and mixed courses.
The other 62 are extra putters and various mids and drivers that I sometimes use as trading fodder.

Latest posts