• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many PDGA events have you played?

Sadly, my winning percentage is skewed. For example, in 2002 I played 13 events and won 9 of them. In 8 of those 9 events, I was the only player in my division. Pretty easy to "win" when you are the only one playing. I am sure most of your wins were against an entire field of competitive opponents and as such, much more impressive.

you won. A W is a W. Tell everyone that you intimidated your competition into staying home. I believe it's true.

My first time throwing golf discs at baskets was in a PDGA Sanctioned Tournament (Dec 2007).

Since then:
82 PDGA sanctioned tournaments
28 PDGA sanctioned league events (2012)
2 Southern National tournaments
26 unsanctioned tournaments
~140 unsanctioned minis
any wins anyone?
1 MA3 win in unsanctioned
5 MA2 win in unsanctioned
1 MA1 win in unsanctioned
1 AM win in a SN
4 MA3 win in C-Tier
1 MA2 win in C-Tier
1 MM1 win in C-Tier
1 MA1 win in C-Tier
1 MA2 win in B-Tier
1 MA2 win in M-Tier World Championship Doubles

# Of Tournaments Played

How many tournaments have you played?

Both aggregate number and average per year would be great.

Went and checked my stats and the total number was higher than I expected at 220.

18.3 per year since 2000...

It sure helps that we have large number of events with 100+ planned for this upcoming year.

I play about 8-10 per year
but we don't have as big a scene up here as you guys

I'm probably at a total of 30-40

1 C-Tier PDGA Event

2 Ace Races

1 Ice Bowl

So for PDGA events, 1 every 6 years. Overall, 1 every year and a half.

That's all folks!

Yeah, geography can be telling. . . 4 years in AZ (MPO) 9 pdga events (many more non sanct); 2 years in Wisconsin (Adv) 35 pdga events (some more non sanct). . .

So 44 events total over 6 years. . .7.333 per year

I've played in 51 PDGA sanctioned events in 7 states.

I played my first event in late 2007. Here's how many events I played each year since I started:

2007: 1
2008: 2
2009: 10
2010: 11
2011: 15
2012: 12

I have more sanctioned rounds in 2012 than I did in 2011 because I played more multiple-day tournaments.

Two membership years so far:

2011: 12 tourneys played (6 MA2, 6 MA1)
2012: 19 tourneys played (17 MA1 (including Worlds), 2 MPO)

I hope to play 15-18 (or more) in 2013, and maybe start a sanctioned league.

2009: 12
2010: 12
2011: 15
2012: 16

Total: 55
Average: 13.75

I am hoping to get in at least 16 again this year. With the possibility of playing in some events that offer different days for MA1 and MPO it could be rather easy to surpass this mark of 16. I might get my butt kicked in the MPO events but I am going to learn to play this game somehow.

I've never been a PDGA member, but I have played in two C-Tier events. I've also played in two Ace Races and three Ice Bowls, and a couple of other unsanctioned tournaments. The Ice Bowls have been my favorites.

I just got my PDGA # last week. I think I have played in 3 PDGA events as a non-member. Played in probably 10 SouthernNationals sanctioned tournaments and a few non-sanctioned events. Hoping for my first PDGA tournament as a member to come in February.

Latest posts