• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people play disc golf in the snow?

I'm going to head out and play in the snow when the mercury rises a little here in the Front Range.

From a light dusting of snow in my yard to THIS, overnight!!
13361_1264021513896_1030482850_30836307_3239423_n.jpg

Headed back to Iowa on sunday and have several courses that I plan on playing. Who cares if they are in the midst of a blizzard right now. 10 inches of snow and freezing temps, bring it on! Now I know for sure that I will be the only one on the courses.

Just played a couple rounds with the gf and the dog with a couple inches of snow on the ground and more coming down. We had a great time, and had the course to ourselves.

From a light dusting of snow in my yard to THIS, overnight!!
13361_1264021513896_1030482850_30836307_3239423_n.jpg

I have that same basket, minus the yellow chains. Don't putt the yellow chains! Wait :doh: it's don't eat the yellow snow.
Fleet Farm, the Man's Mall had em for $80 a few years ago.

We got 11 inches now so, im done for awhile!

You guys got 11 inches there all the way back on the fifth! sheesh we had less than an inch stay around until this big storm. I'm lucky I got one last round in on sunday...I should have gone on monday too :\.

I'm probably done for the winter months too, but that string idea isn't bad. If I had some winter boots I would think about doing at least one round, but winter clothing is restricting and doesn't let you get much of a good throw.

mootators, come out saturday, a bunch of us will be out there probably all day, youll pick me out quick if you see me, 17 yr old, skinny, grey gorilla boy bag, purple glide hat

Man, sounds like you guys are getting really hit by some weather. We're getting a little snow, but mostly the stuff that really keeps me off the course; wind.

we pulled in 20 inches a little south of madison where i am, id like to see the snow try to stop me from discing BRING IT WINTER

I played today. The temp finally broke out of the teens. The ribbon method saved me once. Never would of found it otherwise.

I couldn't convince my gf to play in 4 degree weather with windchills down around -10 today, but it's supposed to get up into the high teens tomorrow so we'll probably get a couple rounds in.

We don't have much snow yet, but the temps have really sucked. Highs in the teens with wind....I'll stay off the course until we get back to the 20's or little to no wind. But I sure am ready for the snow!

I played yesterday in the snow, what little there is! Only got 9 holes in because I didn't remember to change my shoes before going though. I intend to keep playing this entire winter, where i've always just put my bag away before.