• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much do you throw your stated "throwing style"?

Depends on the course, last week i played it was 60% backhand 40% forehand. But most of the time its about 80-20 (20% forehand).

Sometimes the hole just sets up for an easier forehand rather than a touchy backhand.

If I shoot par on a Par 54, I'd say maybe 10 of those throws would be RHFH and the other 44 would be RHBH. So I use my dominant style an estimated 81.5% of the time in an even par round.

It's really dependant on the course, but for your typical 6-6-6 layout off the tee:

60% RHBH
40% LHBH

It's hard to guess how the break down would look for approaches, scrambles, etc, but I'm comfortable with both hands with the exception of a LHFH

I putt righty.

Normally, I throw RHFH off the tee, then approach and putt RHBH. So I actually throw close to 60-40 RHBH if everything goes well.
However, any trouble shot or long approach will likely be RHFH, so most rounds are closer to 50/50.

RHBH: ~90%
RHFH: ~10% (Was virtually zero a few months ago but the putter flick approach has been getting a good bit of my upshot work lately)

60/40 RHBH to RHFH.

I was almost all drives FH until a few months ago. Making myself learn BH has improved my game.

Latest posts