• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much do you throw your stated "throwing style"?

It is all what course I'm playing and the line my approach shots need to take. So that can vary day to day.

But overall its something like:

RHBH = 80%
RHFH = 19%
Other stuff = 1% (i.e. tomahawk, roller, grenade type shot)

If I was better at rollers and overhand type throws I'd throw them more probably. If I can get away with an extreme anhyzer RHBH instead of a tomahawk I'll always take the RHBH.

It is all what course I'm playing and the line my approach shots need to take. So that can vary day to day.

But overall its something like:

RHBH = 80%
RHFH = 19%
Other stuff = 1% (i.e. tomahawk, roller, grenade type shot)

If I was better at rollers and overhand type throws I'd throw them more probably. If I can get away with an extreme anhyzer RHBH instead of a tomahawk I'll always take the RHBH.

You mean thumber right? For right handed throwers tomahawks go left & thumbers go right.

You mean thumber right? For right handed throwers tomahawks go left & thumbers go right.

I basically can't throw a thumber correctly so I don't even try that. I probably shouldn't call it a "tomahawk" either. I'm throwing the Disc overhand over a bush that is right in my face, and the grip I use is like a forehand throw. Typically all I want is for the Disc to land over the bush so I'm near the Pin, or can take the next shot cleanly. Sometimes I can manage to turn my body correctly and have room for an extreme anhyzer RHBH instead of having to throw it overhand. But often the bush is too close up, or I can plant my feet for the RHBH, or I need to be looking at the spot I'm aiming for directly to make it through a window. I can't throw a 275 foot tomahawk over a bunch of trees and get the correct right to left action like Paul Macbeth can on Hole 2 at Dela. I'm not a complete enough player by far.

I basically can't throw a thumber correctly so I don't even try that. I probably shouldn't call it a "tomahawk" either. I'm throwing the Disc overhand over a bush that is right in my face, and the grip I use is like a forehand throw. Typically all I want is for the Disc to land over the bush so I'm near the Pin, or can take the next shot cleanly. Sometimes I can manage to turn my body correctly and have room for an extreme anhyzer RHBH instead of having to throw it overhand. But often the bush is too close up, or I can plant my feet for the RHBH, or I need to be looking at the spot I'm aiming for directly to make it through a window. I can't throw a 275 foot tomahawk over a bunch of trees and get the correct right to left action like Paul Macbeth can on Hole 2 at Dela. I'm not a complete enough player by far.

idk if it's the "correct" term but there's a local pro whom I've played with a couple times & he calls that shot you described a "pin wheel".

Latest posts