• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to deal with a Douche

If it is in a tourny...mop the floor with him, nothing better than shutting them up with a few birdies.
That's probably the top of my list as favorite rounds. You always remember the round when they couldn't talk trash because there was no ammo for them to use against you. They talk trash the whole round, then scores are added and oh wait... what did you shoot? Good round...but i got you by two:D

What is a "poor winner"?

Be humble in victory, and gracious in defeat. I have a great disdain for those that feel the need to boast, brag, and taunt when being victorious or just a better player. Sore losers are easier to stomach, because they at least have a reason to be a complete jackass.

when your walking up to your disc. Kick his back somewhere else, or pick it up and throw the crap out of it. Just kidding. I'd ignore the douche knuckle

well today he was in my group for a mini.....werent enough people to ask to be on another card...and ive only played casually with him one or two times...

Now I'm really curious who you are talking about. I'm guessing this was at a Bear Creek mini. I could take a couple of guesses. Does the name start with a J ?

I don't pay that much attention to the Oprahisms on a card.

That is why I kick many folks arse at DG on a regular basis for a long time now.
Or... that is my theory anyway.

Crush him a few rounds in a row. That will shut him up. The only thing stopping you from doing that is you.

I just don't play with people who don't make being on the course more fun than playing alone. I would much rather play by myself than with someone who's going to take away from me relaxing and enjoying being on the course.

Disc golf is one of the few things that helps me to relax and forget about all the crap in my life right now. I'd rather be happy and by myself than miserable in a group.

239980595_5_v5lb.jpeg

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

sore losers suck because they try to take away from you feeling good about your win and want you to feel like crap as well.

I kept wanting to add something to help that wasn't already said but could think of nothing original. These about some it up.

you only really beat someone when you are BOTH shooting well.

when someone is having a bad round, and you shoot better than them,
you really did not beat them.

when adults learn to face that fact is when they start to actually get better, imho.

some folks are blessed with more athleticism, no doubt.
thanks jah!

Dude, you have got to shine some light on the definition of this slang, I cannot fathom how anyone can act like Oprah playing disc golf other than silently nodding after a good throw.

maybe he was just having a great game and was excited about playing and beating you and you took his inthusiasm for douchness.......maybe he was born a douche and raised by douches therefore he knows no different......maybe he's just Canadian......anyway if it wasn't for douches then people like you wouldn't appear to be so great.....:eek:

That is why I kick many folks arse at DG on a regular basis for a long time now.
Or... that is my theory anyway.

Crush him a few rounds in a row. That will shut him up. The only thing stopping you from doing that is you.

im sure that there are several things that stop someone, plus why would you want to play with a douche, especially several rounds?

you only really beat someone when you are BOTH shooting well.

when someone is having a bad round, and you shoot better than them,
you really did not beat them.

when adults learn to face that fact is when they start to actually get better, imho.

some folks are blessed with more athleticism, no doubt.
thanks jah!

I'm pretty sure that it still counts as beating someone if they do badly. Just because you play the Kansas City Royals, doesn't mean it doesn't count as a Win. It might not be as satisfying, but a victory is a victory

I'm pretty sure that it still counts as beating someone if they do badly. Just because you play the Kansas City Royals, doesn't mean it doesn't count as a Win. It might not be as satisfying, but a victory is a victory

Agreed. If Tiger Woods has a bad round, the other guys that beat him won't be telling their kids..."I really didn't beat Tiger, he just had a bad round." And more to the point.....If you have a bad round and think "I really didn't lose today" Maybe you are the Douche. You win some, you lose some. No one can win them all.

Latest posts