• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] How would you fix this AZ summer casualty?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
Friend asked how to fix this sidewinder from his Arizona trip. The glide has smashed in from heat. First I asked if it was just a flat run from the factory :D Then I told him to throw it on the dash, and when it's nice and gummy, get the AC on and work the disc until it cools to pop it back out. I thought about boiling water poured into the disc, but usually see people trying to flatten with that method rather than popping the dome back out.

Is there a fix besides buying a new disc?

attachment.php

Attachments

• AABF0C4D-4C4E-4AE1-8578-C89F13EA995A.jpg
    AABF0C4D-4C4E-4AE1-8578-C89F13EA995A.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 114
Find a bowl with slightly smaller diameter. Fill bowl about half with boiling water. Place disc upside down on bowl. Pour boiling water in disc. If the disc and bowl seal, which usually does happen for me, it should pop out.

Find a bowl with slightly smaller diameter. Fill bowl about half with boiling water. Place disc upside down on bowl. Pour boiling water in disc. If the disc and bowl seal, which usually does happen for me, it should pop out.

That's big brain. Thank you. Then just let it cool to room temp?

If it's real nasty.. Flip a disc upside down to rest it on thats a smaller diameter, flip sidewinder upside down and place on top, add hot water and have a round tool (like a soup ladle) ready to push out the dent. Try Pmantle method first.

Latest posts