• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you play this hole? Leila Arboretum Hole 1

apdrvya

Marketplace Guru
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
not trying to usurp the HOD but I am curious how everyone would throw this hole...

IMAG0230_zps417b56ec.jpg

405', tee pad is slight to the left of where this picture is taken. plays down and to the top of the hill (brown dirt area) and then about 125' sharply downhill to a basket on the left...

c6516741.jpg

down and up is lined with small skinny trees, more mature trees on the hill top. then mostly scrub down the hill...

man, got moved. that hole of the day is some serious ****...

A bit difficult to follow, but I think I'd aim for the top of the hill just above the tree line by throwing a Drone if the curve is fairly sharp. If it's more gentle I'd throw an Axis with a slight hyzer. Then play down the hill as best I can. That's about all I can say without seeing the direction of the basket with relation to the tee from the hill top landing zone.

it's just down and to the left.
plays relatively straight...

How far is it to the top of the other hill? I'd be looking to at least make the top of the next hill.

Probably a PD

Beat predator out over the top? That's probably not what I'd do if I were actually standing on the teepad, but based on what I see that's what I'm thinking.

I'm trying to snap a Hornet to hold a nice low hyzer line to the dirt, and then work from there. Just a guess. I'd like to see this in person, though.

I'm trying to snap a Hornet to hold a nice low hyzer line to the dirt, and then work from there. Just a guess. I'd like to see this in person, though.

as I said in my review, I said "good lord" more times on this course than any before... it's impressive...

I might try to push a Tangent or Axis to to the top of the hill. But that'll probably be my second shot, since I'll most likely throw a PD on a hyzer.

Amp, Axis, Ion. Probably getting a 4.

To be honest I can't really follow it very well from the pics. Maybe it's not as hard as it seems?

z buzzz to the top of the hill if it is indeed downhill, soft focus to the pin

or

try to reach it with a sp rogue (and fail miserably probably)

I would throw a striker low to make it to the hill to get a good chance of a good upshot. Depending on the distance I might throw a putter or a mid of some sort, then putt out.

Latest posts