• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Huk lab dying

collincarter_

So I saw on the huk lab website that they dye kc pro plastic so I emailed them and asked what kind of dye they used. They said RIT dye, which I thought didn't work for any discs now. Any insight on this?

Old formula rit works. Don't want to be "that" guy but there is tons and tons of info if you google it.

I know nothing of the new Rit formula that everyone is talking about because I have a mound of the old stuff still. It works really well...and I am sure that Huk Lab still has a stockpile.

I don't get it. What does huk lab just dye that logo on stuff and sell it and call it a business?

Because [some] people will pay the extra $15 for a faux tribal stamp, to feel they "belong".

There's a sucker born every minute. --P.T. Barnum, about 1860 [although facts say he said "customer" instead of "sucker"].

I don't get it. What does huk lab just dye that logo on stuff and sell it and call it a business?

There are "lifestyle" brands out there that are based on far less...

I'm no big tri fly tribal fan, but I do think their line of graphics with the negative chains space extending out has been a pretty cool motif.

Because [some] people will pay the extra $15 for a faux tribal stamp, to feel they "belong".

There's a sucker born every minute. --P.T. Barnum, about 1860 [although facts say he said "customer" instead of "sucker"].

Not all of us can be as cool as you:sick:
What has your company done for disc golf?

Last edited:
I don't own a company, and I'm not the one trying to be "cool" with machine-dyed "art" on my discs.

But personally, I've helped develop new holes at Dabney, Adair, Twin Rivers and Lake Stevens, and have been one of 3 people developing a course in my hometown in MS. Donated a lot of discs to a HS program in Boise, and volunteer for tourneys there, when I'm in town. Did course improvements and maintenance at Four Mounds in Spokane for the Lilac City Open.

And Huklab didn't have a g-d thing to do with it.

Last edited:
Why the hate???

Not sure why all the hate? If you don't like their products don't buy them. Being from the Pacific NW you should know how much they have done to help grow the sport. I commend you for your effort in what you have done as well. Anything that helps grow our sport and make it more recognizable is good. They are a grass roots company that has blown up over the last decade, but it is not like they started that way. I personally think the tri fly is one of the most recognizable symbols in the sport. Just curious where the disdain comes from? Who cares what other people spend their money on, or put on their discs?

Jay from Huk Lab has sponsored many tournaments that I have played. I really like J. I do get amazed how much some of the Huk dyes sell for though.

its no different than Nike. you can get a blank Drifit from Walmart for 12 bucks. you go to Academy and get one with a little swoosh on it and its 35 bucks.

branding is nothing new. I think some things are a little much. but if people will pay it why not.

and you dye guys can dye your own HuK logos. just dont sell them.

Seems as if Santa brought full bottles of Haterade to some folks this year. Lot's ****e talking going on the forums lately. Can't we just huk along? :D

don't like it? easy solution...

Don't buy it. nobody gives a isht if you do or don't.

Latest posts