• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Huk Lab

Cool?

• Yes, very cool.

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • That's really lame

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I'll never buy disc golf apparel, waste of money

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I'll buy anything disc golf!

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sooooo?

Are you saying that you just learned about huk lab, or that you just wanted to share their website...

I carry a Huk Lab Groove and a Mini... as far as the clothes... they are not paying me to sport their gear.

And your signature... it links to my bag... that is so cool that you have all my discs! ;)

cool people- hope they make it- in spite of this s#@t-wagon economy.

I bought a Huk-Lab chair for my games, best tripod chairs you can buy, extremely sturdy, and huge!

Huk Lab is pretty awesome... I cant wait until I pick up a couple of their shirts.. already have the stool. The dude that runs it is super nice too, I talked a little with him at the GCC this year.

Cool stuff and as stated above he's a real cool guy. Talked to him and hung out a bit as his booth during the Masters Cup tourney a couple weeks back at DeLaveaga.

Last edited:
he spells "huck" incorrectly. i cant get behind a company with that level of spelling.:|

company supporting disc golf = really awesome.

and hardly any of their designs are tacky.

You probably think screen printed t shirts with crappy innuendos on them at walmart are cool.

I would definitely sport their gear if it weren't so expensive. When a disc golf company is charging more for their athletic shirts than Nike, Adidas, UnderArmour, etc....it's a bit silly.

I'll keep rocking my 5.99 athletic polos and $5 bball shorts from Target.

well, nike and such get huge deals because hoe much volume they buy. huk lab doesnt get that huge discount.

Certainly, but, 50-80% of the price of Nike products goes straight to marketing expenses. It's not like Huk Lab's bottom line is burdened by 100 million dollar marketing campaigns.

I'm not challenging their business model or anything. Honestly, I respect anyone who puts their chips on the table and starts their own business.
I just think that $33 for a moisture-wicking t-shirt is pricing yourself out of the game. The gear itself doesn't offer a technology that makes it more useful for disc golf than any other similar shirt, so you're basically charging 70% more, and offering nothing more than the fact that you're a disc golf company.

For example, think if there were a Disc Golf shoe company that did the same thing. It would be a shoe identical in function to a Merrill Flex hiking shoe...but cost $250.

I am in total agreement with Lewis and SirRaph. I remember first seeing Huk Lab stuff and thinking...well that's ok, I guess. I tried to find something that had more than a logo, which really limited me. On top of that, to get a shirt, the minimum buy in is $30. To buy a dyed champ plastic disc its $40? $27 mark up? WTF???

To me they just add a logo to already existing products....at this point you may say,"what about your music band, sports team logo, or Discraft/ Innova shirts??" My response to that is you are showing your support for the other things that they do, i.e. you may think Discraft/Innova makes great discs or a certain band makes great music.

If the Trifly represents something more than an overpriced logo placed on things you can buy elsewhere... let me know.

I am in total agreement with Lewis and SirRaph. I remember first seeing Huk Lab stuff and thinking...well that's ok, I guess. I tried to find something that had more than a logo, which really limited me. On top of that, to get a shirt, the minimum buy in is $30. To buy a dyed champ plastic disc its $40? $27 mark up? WTF???

I'm in agreement with the above comments. WTF!! is right, Crystal Z Stalker is $40 bills? What makes this Stalker better then any others on the net? I can get a Crystal Z Stalker for $15 with shipping. Why in the world would I pay $40? Wouldn't it be cheaper just to get someone to custom dye one for me with the same logo for $25-30. I guess if you have money to burn...........

Maybe it's because I met Jay and he remembered my name and where I live just from a few order's I had made in the past or maybe it's because he always sends a personal note with each order or maybe it's becasue he does such a great job promoting the sport or maybe it's because he actually did what so few other's are willing to do and have a disc golf business that is working or maybe it's just becasue the clothing and other product's are really great and I don't mind spending a bit more to support his company. I realize that your typical disc golfer is not wealthy (neither am I) but I can appreciate a good product and will continue to spend my hard earned dollars with Jay. Also you hater's may want to contact Jay to support your tournaments (he does a great job at that) and maybe you will change your mind.

Don't hate on Huk Lab

You didn't put my option on there, so I didn't vote. I feel like Huk Lab is a great idea. They got some great players to sponsor the company, and I like what they're trying to do for the sport. Still, I can't support those prices. This is America, and for better or worse we are capitalistic. I support the company that gives me the best plastic for the best deal, as long as it doesn't result in a moral conflict. Plus, I really don't dig the designs on their clothing. Not my style. I hope they keep it up though and continue to learn more about their customer base.

Latest posts