• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] I broke my ROC!

thisdoesfine

So I found this bottom stamp, no name or number, broke in, white ROC at my local disc golf course and fell in love! I used it constantly and even bought another bottom stamp ROC to see how it flew from the beginning days. A couple days ago, tossing the worn in one ended up in a cracked rim about 2 inches in, ending it's life. Comparing the newer one that I purchased a few months ago, they still don't look like the same disc. The new one appears slightly larger. This could be due to wear and tear of the one I found but I have also noticed that there are at least 3 different types of ROCs. Namely: Rancho-San Marino-Ontario. Of these, does anyone know if they all had bottom stamps or was the bottom stamp only made at one location? Thanks for all the help you can provide me while I search to find this discs replacement, I'm in need of the slow anhyzer flight pattern again!

If you want a right out of the box turn over disc. The one I'm using now is the Buzzz SS. It works great for dead straight or turn over shots.

Some others I've used in the past are: Cobra, Stingray, Classic Roc (this may be what you had since it's a smaller diameter than the Roc we know today), Wolf (great disc, but no glide/"D"), and the Fuse. But for me the Buzzz SS has been fantastic!

If you want a right out of the box turn over disc. The one I'm using now is the Buzzz SS. It works great for dead straight or turn over shots.

Some others I've used in the past are: Cobra, Stingray, Classic Roc (this may be what you had since it's a smaller diameter than the Roc we know today), Wolf (great disc, but no glide/"D"), and the Fuse. But for me the Buzzz SS has been fantastic!

^^Like he said....you cracked a Classic Roc....they have a smaller diameter than the Rancho, SM, Ont, Champ rocs. You can find Classic Rocs all over the place to replace them. If you want to get one that won't break on you...get a Classic Roc in the Champ Ontario mold...it may cost you a penny or two but it won't break I can promise you that. :thmbup:

^ did they make bottom stamp classic rocs?

Could it be that the smaller diameter one was really domey? Chalk it up to standard innova QC?

There are more than 3 rocs lol

If it was a bottom stamp, it was most likely a Star Roc. Pretty sure there are only three Star Rocs in production (could be wrong, but I don't care enough to check), so if he just did a quick Google search that's what he would have found. He's new. Give 'im a break.

If it was a bottom stamp, it was most likely a Star Roc. Pretty sure there are only three Star Rocs in production (could be wrong, but I don't care enough to check), so if he just did a quick Google search that's what he would have found. He's new. Give 'im a break.

A friend of mine had a bottom stamped DX Roc. It had the picture of a guy holding up a disc that had the word "Roc" on the bottom.

Hey man post a picture there are many ppl on here who will take a look at it for ya also plenty of great anhyzer mids out there...I use a buzzz ss

This is maybe the best thing that ever happened to your DG game. If you don't find the Roc you want readily available, try:

Fuse
Comet
Tangent
etc.

If you enjoy the mystery/quest to find that perfect replacement, and always being on the hunt for backups, stick with the Roc, especially an apparently limited run one. I don't mean this as sarcasm. There are those that enjoy this aspect of throwing hard-to-find, they-have-to-beat-in-just-right-to-fly-the-lines-I-need discs.

I'm a still-developing player. For me, the Roc never flew well, and I wasn't interested in the quest for one that would. To each his own....

If you want a disc that covers the slow-understable mid, that will cover those shots right out of the box, every time, try one of the three above, or others.

We are curious

Please take a picture of the broken disc & post it here so we can figure out what you have. It should be super-easy to replace.

This is maybe the best thing that ever happened to your DG game. If you enjoy the mystery/quest to find that perfect replacement, and always being on the hunt for backups, stick with the Roc, especially an apparently limited run one. I don't mean this as sarcasm. There are those that enjoy this aspect of throwing hard-to-find, they-have-to-beat-in-just-right-to-fly-the-lines-I-need discs.

I'm a still-developing player. For me, the Roc never flew well, and I wasn't interested in the quest for one that would. To each his own....

Yup. :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

Latest posts