• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] I finally bought a Buzzz and <gulp> replaced my Rocs!

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
Well I finally did it and I am very glad I did! I still love my Rocs and will probably continue to collect the special edition ones...but I finally tried a Buzzz and it officially replaced the Roc in my bag. I still carry a 150 star roc from the Japan open for particular shots...but for all intents and purposes, the Buzzz rules the roost!

I know...I know! I threw Rocs forever....I've got all kinds of Rocs...and now they're just going to go in my bin of practice discs and for taking newbies out:)
But the Buzzz really is a sweet disc...that and a Coyote and I really don't have too much of need for any other mids..

:cool: It ok, you did the right thing. :D

One of the first discs that I fell in love with was a Buzzz. But because of all the buzzz :rolleyes: I finally got a Roc. Can't touch the Buzzz. So the Roc sits at home and collects dust.

Well I finally did it and I am very glad I did! I still love my Rocs and will probably continue to collect the special edition ones...but I finally tried a Buzzz and it officially replaced the Roc in my bag. I still carry a 150 star roc from the Japan open for particular shots...but for all intents and purposes, the Buzzz rules the roost!

I thought they only released the Japan Open Rocs in R-Pro plastic?

one reason i slightly prefer the buzzz is because a Buzzz is a Buzzz, when a roc could be a flat top, san marino, kc pro, ontario, classic, etc. Idk wth ill get when i buy different rocs. but a buzzz will always be the same, and do the same thing. land next to the pin :)

Buzz is one of the many discs I want to try and moving to the top of my list since I really need a faithful "Mid" disc. Would like one that is good mid and approach.

i first bought a Roc because so many people swore by it, and innova is easier to get where i'm at. then i got a supercolor Buzzz for xmas. when i got out to play at the beginning of summer i took the two out and used them both. i really feel like the buzzz suits me better.

Hmm with all this talk about different Rocs, is it just the one I got, or do all Rocs seem a little...bulky? I know they are probably not bulky in actual size but the one I have just kinda feels bulky.

/sigh not sure how to explain what I mean, but I look forward to getting a Buzzz

way to be! the buzzz is the most fantastic disc on the matket! i lost mine, but im getting another one soon! wouldnt trade that disc for anything

Hmm with all this talk about different Rocs, is it just the one I got, or do all Rocs seem a little...bulky? I know they are probably not bulky in actual size but the one I have just kinda feels bulky.

/sigh not sure how to explain what I mean, but I look forward to getting a Buzzz

I know exactly what you mean. Most of my KC Pro Rocs feel that way to me. Last year I picked up a 2007 USDGC Star Roc and I really like that disc. But the Roc molds do tend to get tweaked a bit and there are all the different plastics to consider.
As I said, I will continue to keep collecting Rocs and I'm sure they'll still work themselves into my bag...but the Buzzz is just such a sweet disc!
I got my main one in Z plastic and I also picked up an old Buzzz-GT with the groove in it. I think I'm going to try an ESP and an ESP FLX as well...but it's gonna be tough to beat the Z!

That's one of the [many] reasons I choose a Buzzz over a Roc. That bead on the Roc makes the rim a little deeper and it feels cumbersome in my hand. The Buzzz fits perfectly in my hand with a nice tight grip.

so what is the best plastic for the roc. I love my esp buzzz over my classic roc but that is the only plastic I have thrown the roc in. Is the star only a special ed. disc?

Latest posts