• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have a Stalker! Almost...

I got my Stalker in a trade on this site, it had some really big shoes to fill when I got it.

See the reason I wanted a Stalker was because I'd been at Ellison Park and hole #7 is this 530' long hill that drops at least 60'. It's pretty neat, and I just emptied my bag on it. While collecting my discs a group of guys came up behind me, I was safe behind some trees and I told them to let 'em rip.

This tiny little hippie dude just rips one like you wouldn't believe. The thing flies past the basket and hits the trees about 30' to the right and 20' behind. If the trees hadn't been there it would have gone at LEAST another 200' it was insane.

So the guy walks down and I'm all "WTF DID YOU JUST THROW!?" and he's all "oh hey, I'm Jeremy from Roc City Disc Golf and that's a Stalker!" And my buddy and I are all "one each please, here have these moneys" and he's all "dude, bummer, all out. I'll have some in like two weeks." Obviously since this is an obsession and I'm a FREAKING ADDICT that was SIMPLY TOO LONG TO WAIT.

I tried to wait mind you, I wanted to wait. But two days later skurf was all looking to trade his off, we made a deal and I had one within the week! (good man skurf!)

Unfortunately I played a bunch of new courses that week, and the wind was crazy! I couldn't get a feel for the stalker because I couldn't compensate for wind without having thrown it in normal conditions. So I put it in the back of the bag and waited for a better chance. Then I played Basil. Oh boy! It's like an all in the words version of Ellison (some big long holes and lots of trees in the way) I learned to love my STALKER real fast!

The Stalker now has a permanent place in my bag, I love that freaking disc. I'll buy it in any new plastic it comes out in just to give it a try. I wouldn't be surprised if it's my first ace disc, because I can just make it do what I want.

In short, I suggest you at least try a Stalker. You can expect it to do what you make it do, whether that's what you actually *want* in a disc is another thing. The skeeter is kind of like that with mid ranges. It goes right where you put it...but my buddy can't put it where he wants, he doesn't blame the disc, but it does end up not getting played when the pressure is on.

\/\/

My first run Z stalker is flat as can be, no dome at all. Are the stalkers produced now are domey?

Maybe i used the term domey a little too loosely, but most of the drivers I throw are very overstable and have no dome whatsoever (Boss, Force, Avenger, etc...). So I call the Z-stalker domey relative to these. The ESP stalkers I'm about to send out to some of the folks here don't have near as much of this dominess. I've been told by some others that the ESP ones have more high speed stability too... Going to throw later today, so I'll let you know how it turns out.

I have 2 stalkers, a tourney stamped and a first run, both Z plastic. The tourney stamped stalker is slightly more domey than the first run. It isn't a huge difference but you can definitely notice it. I haven't noticed a difference in flight patterns however.

I have been throwing a Stalker for a couple weeks and it's basically a Storm.
I've been finding my Z to be somewhat more overstable than my Z Storm. However, keep in mind that the 150 Z Storm was only rated at .5 stability, plus my Stalker is quite a bit heaver, so that may be part of it as well.