• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I man LOVING rollers.

Grinder12000

Birdie Member
Being somewhat new to the sport at the age for 60 and throwing my first round July1st I'm still discovering the nuances of DG.

My Leopard when I newbie anhyzered the throw wound take off and roll and I would spew profanities and learn.

Well, now with 25 rounds in I've been using the roller on purpose on a few holes with amazing results. At Heistadt Park in Madison there are two holes that gave me problems, brush lined downhill slots. I was always on one side or the other or poking my eyes out looking for my disc.

So I decided to play conservative and throw a roller.

All of a sudden the 15th is a 40 foot birdie shot away and the 18th has turned into a gimme 2. In fact the last two times on the 18th I could reach out and touch the basket for my 2nd shot . . . . Well . . .almost.

Another tool in my growing tool box.

I, like most newbies started throwing forehand. I actually got good with it to in the beginning but my backhand was horrendous. So then I started learning to throw backhand. Now my backhand is my primary throw off the tee. Anyway's I've been playing for about a year now and I'm just starting to learn to throw a correct tomahawk and rollers. Both shots are completely new to me but the more I throw rollers the more confident I get with them. Yesterday was the first time I decided to throw a roller off the tee. Went exactly where I wanted and ended up with a 30 ft putt, in which I missed :/. After I get my rollers and tomahawks to where I can at least feel confident in them I'm going to learn to throw the thumber. But until then I'm going to continue to have fun and surprise myself with the rollers I've been throwing.

Buy a Discraft Flick. It is the ONLY disc I know of that can be thrown tomahawk and it doesn't flip in the air. I am now throwing 350' rollers with very little effort. Throw it about 1:00-2:00 at any speed and watch it rolllllllllllll.

Buy a Discraft Flick. It is the ONLY disc I know of that can be thrown tomahawk and it doesn't flip in the air. I am now throwing 350' rollers with very little effort. Throw it about 1:00-2:00 at any speed and watch it rolllllllllllll.

i use this disc for thumbers and forehand rollers and messed the backhand with it to... Best utility disc

end flick rant

I mon be luvin da rollers mon!

On topic though: this is an example of throwing smarter, not harder!

I man loving my wife. I like throwing rollers, lol.