• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

i need a 1 color die, cheapest guy gets it

No hard feelings LXdawg, I'm just in a bad mood. Tyler would have done himself a favor by leaving off the "cheapest one gets it", I get where you are coming from on this.

I'm no dyer and never will be, no patience. I do however admire the dyers on this website for the time, effort, and creativity(some of the dye combos are awesome). But if you don't want to get paid to dye for someone, don't do it and don't respond over and over.

I was under the impression a public forum was a place to talk and discuss things. I'm not fighting or trying to start anything, but why can't I have an opinion, or is that frowned upon around here?

I do agree with that too. Asking for the cheapest right off the bat was lame.

But why respond at all, see the title and if you are disgusted, pass it up.

No hard feelings LXdawg, I'm just in a bad mood. Tyler would have done himself a favor by leaving off the "cheapest one gets it", I get where you are coming from on this.

See I can't stop. There are absolutly no hard feelings dan and I understand what you're going for, this is why I come to places like this though is for intelligent (I think at least :confused:) conversation. And enjoy when someone I respect is willing to call me out and make me validate my point. I really was not trying to bash tyler, I was just trying to make a point overall and am happy to drag it out to the wee hours, and keep beating the horse long after it's dead :D

But why respond at all, see the title and if you are disgusted, pass it up.

Honestly because this type of thread (I feel) has popped up a lot recently, and many times by 1 post members and such, I had intentions of addressing it in a new thread, as a what do you all think of it, then tyler asked me why I did respond I wouldn't touch it (which admittedly was asking to start a debate in the first place) and I decided to put it out in this thread, instead of starting a new one...

I like I said, I admire any of the guys here that can do a decent dye, kudos. I just think that bumping a lame thread gives it more credit than it deserves.

I like I said, I admire any of the guys here that can do a decent dye, kudos. I just think that bumping a lame thread gives it more credit than it deserves.

Fair enough, I can definitely see your point there.

with that being said and Dan's parting shot :p, that's it, I'm done, I relinquish my soap box, good night, and good luck

Yeah the OP went at it all wrong. To me it sounded insulting also. Xdawg25 is right. Its sounds like lowballery and ppl dont like that on here. A different angle would have helped him get the dye done a lot quicker and that is a very bumpy golfball.

I've found that the very minimum in material cost for me is just over $3.00 per dye... includes vinyl and appx. dye cost for a single color. I charge $10 for a single dye... but having to ship the disc back and forth would exceed that cost... so I am afraid that leaves me out. Good luck in getting it done!

I'd do it for $10, plus $20 for the disc, and another $5 for S&H.

This is about as cheap as it gets for online ordering. I'd have to get a ride to a pro shop 30 minutes away to get the disc, I'd spend at least 2 hours redoing the graphics for make it work on a mask, the dyeing itself would take another hour(wiping stamp, masking, dipping, and cleaning. Doesn't include a waxing or polish), and then I'd have to walk a couple miles down to the post office to mail it the next day. That equates to 5 hours of dedicated effort for $10, minus material expenses. This doesn't include the time spent arguing with my girlfriend about how I'm doing a dye instead of cooking her dinner either.
I think the ideal route in getting a disc dyed is to look at dyers' portfolios, PM the dyer(with a suitable graphic) asking for an estimate of cost and time, and then go with it or move on to the next candidate.

Latest posts