• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need some mothereffing DG gloves!!!

I think it's actually been below freezing in Florida this week.

Anyway, I have the opposite problem, I've got this damn open toe boot over my broken foot, I bought some thick wool socks today but I'm doubtful, I need a wind breaker sock.

This thread is crazy!! dudes from jacksonville where according to weather.com the average temperature in december is 56 degrees!!! I would kill to be playing in that type of weather during the winter months

I didn't wear gloves when I lived in Michigan and played in the winter!!! I don't expect your going to get much sympathy here! I just played this morning (the new Venice course) and it has been unseasonably cold down here but c'mon!

howd you break your foot?
Bball, came down and rolled it hard enough for a spiral fracture.
I didn't wear gloves when I lived in Michigan and played in the winter!!! I don't expect your going to get much sympathy here! I just played this morning (the new Venice course) and it has been unseasonably cold down here but c'mon!

Most people don't acclimate well to drastic temp. changes, it's not really a matter of "man'ing up." :\. Also, lol at Apoth in SoCal (I think) telling a dude from Florida to man up and play in the cold, what's the temp. like in SoCal right now, a brisk 50 degrees?

Anywho, when I play in the snow I cared more about having warm, dry feet than having warm, dry hands. :|

I'm told the adhesive on these are pretty good.

037000306573.jpg

Cold in Florida? How about you get some thin leather goles...size shut the hell up

Come on up to Ontario ...it is -17C tonight

wow....this was either a brilliant troll or a seriously misguided post....hell even apoth from cali is raggin on you

I wear a pair of full-finger mountain biking gloves. I actually get a more consistent release than without the gloves.

Somebody said that this football players' handwarmer thing works well....but he was from Texas. :\

Attachments

• nikehandwarmer.jpg
    nikehandwarmer.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
never mind

never mind -- went and read the rules

". During a round, a player shall not use any artificial device that may assist in making a
throw, except those devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape,
bandages, gauze, etc.) and medical items (such as knee and ankle braces, etc.). Items used to prevent slipping on the teeing surface are also allowed."

I have not tried this for disc golf but I am a professional bass fisherman by trade. We fish in all weather and I use surgical gloves then fingerless wool gloves over those. The surgical are not real warm but the stop the wet and wind plus they are paper thin and work perfect.

Someone give it a try and let me know how it works

Buy some mittens...any mittens. Take your throwing hand out only when you throw. Mittens are clutch because they keep your fingers together so they retain warmth. Do this and you'll be fine.

This is good, especially if they're thinsulate. Get a pair of hot hands and put them in your pocket and your hands should be nice and toasty. Good luck finding hot hands in Florida.

This is good, especially if they're thinsulate. Get a pair of hot hands and put them in your pocket and your hands should be nice and toasty. Good luck finding hot hands in Florida.

I got a pair from LL Bean with Thinsulate three years ago for skiing and I use them for everything. KRAZEE warm.

I keep one glove on my left hand all the time (aka the beer glove) and just put the right hand in my pocket when Im not throwing. Its like 10 degrees here, I dont wanna hear some southerners whining about it being 50 degrees out!!

----> Terry C is jealous

Latest posts