• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I played 195 rounds in 2016. How about you?

^^^Using the baskets of an established course, you make up new and distinctly different tee positions.

It's when you make holes, or an entire layout, not comforming with the actual course. It might be "#2 tee to the #5 basket", or "picnic shelter to #8 basket", or whatever. A refreshing change when you've played a course beyond memorization, a chance to make an easy course harder, or at least long. And not recommended for busy courses.

Me too.

Thanks... I am intrigued. Might have to try it for a few courses.

We should question, what, for purposes of this discussion, constitutes a round?

18 holes worth of golf equals a round imo

Why did you play so little OP?

You're barely above every other day and much worse considering days where you played 2 rounds
I thought most of us here were daily players? Thought the average was like 500+ rounds per year

I had no idea how my total compared to others, but figured I was above average...maybe not, haha. I try to balance dg with the gym, ping pong, hiking, life, etc. I believe in taking days off from everything. Bodies need their rest. We all need our rest.

all-day-erry-day-prints.jpg

Seriously, I play at least one 18 hole round roughly six to seven days a week from April to November and then at least two or three 18 hole rounds a week during the winter.

And I'm still just a mediocre player. :confused:

I'm not 100% sure but probably 150-180.

Definitely way less than I want but I did spend a lot of time putting in the backyard.

I will try to do better in 2017.

No idea, but I played more rounds from August 2016 to now, than I did for all of 2015. And 2017 will likely be my busiest year ever.
At least that's my plan.

Over or under 25?

Roughly 50 tournaments rounds. Probly another 30-40 playing dubs with my weekend group. 30-40 weekly dubs/singles nights. maybe 15-20 casual rounds. Probly a lot less than I did last year do to two 5-6 week stints on the DL for ankle injuries.

^^^Using the baskets of an established course, you make up new and distinctly different tee positions.

My home course has 18 tee pads and 10 baskets. Alternate courses are crucial there. We use picnic pads, sidewalks and curbs to create additional tees. Dozens of alternate courses have been created over the years.

I thought most of us here were daily players? Thought the average was like 500+ rounds per year

Here's a scoop: Like many aspects of disc golf, there's a great deal of variety in the people on this site, and in this thread. And probably no correlation between the amount someone plays, and how often they're here.

I probably played 6 rounds in the final 5 months of 2016, and I'm pretty sure I posted more times than that.

And don't think that the low-volume players aren't into disc golf as much as you are. Some of us would love to play everyday, but can't.

It's when you make holes, or an entire layout, not comforming with the actual course. It might be "#2 tee to the #5 basket", or "picnic shelter to #8 basket", or whatever. A refreshing change when you've played a course beyond memorization, a chance to make an easy course harder, or at least long. And not recommended for busy courses.

Me too.

My group plays a lot of safari rounds at night when there are not usually any other players out.

Roughly 100 rounds for me. Approximately 2/week, year round, playing on weekends only.

I would love to play more (daily or close to it), but my job does not allow for it during the week.

all-day-erry-day-prints.jpg

Seriously, I play at least one 18 hole round roughly six to seven days a week from April to November and then at least two or three 18 hole rounds a week during the winter.

And I'm still just a mediocre player. :confused:

That's a slap in the face to mediocre players everywhere.

Thanks... I am intrigued. Might have to try it for a few courses.
FWIW, Safari rounds can be a lot of fun, but they pretty much have to be restricted to low traffic courses (or at least low traffic times of day). Because you might actually be playing through what is typically a walk from a basket to the next tee, playing safari golf on a busy course is rude at best, and dangerous at worst.

You might want to check out local clubs/leagues to see of they have any safari golf scheduled (there's a couple around here).
It's quite bit easier to do if pretty much everyone at the course is playing the same layout... less waiting, confusion, and danger.

Last edited:
Good post, Bogey. David also touched on it too, and it's important to know when you're making up your own holes as you go along.

Sure, whatever works for you.
Wait a sec.... let's ask Chuck to consult the competition committee! :rolleyes:

While I can't read the OP's mind, I think he was just trying to gauge how much we play, and perhaps even gauge how much is: a little, a lot, and about average.

All things being equal, playing the same # of rounds on 24 hole courses vs. 18 hole courses isn't the same, just as playing the same # of rounds on niners vs 18 holes ain't exactly the same.

Wait, what if I play a lot of really long courses? :confused:
My home course is par 68... shouldn't those strokes count?... after all, that's about 25% more than a par 54. :confused:
I mean, moar DG is moar DG, right?

Like Aces, count it however the hell you wish... after all, its just another interwebz c**k measuring contest.

Last edited:
I average between 2 and 3 rounds a week, lets say 2.5. So I would have roughly 130 rounds this year...

Due to the "few" courses here in europe/germany (by US standard ;-) ) and the distances between them,
i managed to play about 170 rounds last year.
When i get the chance to visit the states again i might be playing more rounds in less time.
Or go to finland?!

I played most every day from April-Mid November, average of 2 rounds a day, sometimes 3 so I would guess close to 500 rounds in 2016