• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I haven't seen this kind of a stamp on Crush before. Is it an older one? Also I have no idea what this plastic is, it's quite soft, gummy and grippy and it's translucent. Reminds me of soft ChampyStar. Doesn't feel like Z or ESP.

https://imgur.com/a/u3Wpi

I haven't seen this kind of a stamp on Crush before. Is it an older one? Also I have no idea what this plastic is, it's quite soft, gummy and grippy and it's translucent. Reminds me of soft ChampyStar. Doesn't feel like Z or ESP.

https://imgur.com/a/u3Wpi

Yeah, its old. Probably 2004-6ish. I have some Crushes with that stamp and they're all in that timeframe. Outstanding Z plastic too. You could probably throw that disc for 10 years without it beating too badly. No clue what Crushes from that era are worth. Most of the ones I have are flat and overstable.

Yeah, its old. Probably 2004-6ish. I have some Crushes with that stamp and they're all in that timeframe. Outstanding Z plastic too. You could probably throw that disc for 10 years without it beating too badly. No clue what Crushes from that era are worth. Most of the ones I have are flat and overstable.

Cool! Yeah this plastic is super sexy. I'm considering giving it a go, looks like it has been thrown only few times. No ink either. I got this from a mystery box which had some other really nice stuff too, like stock stamp ESP Wasps, Champion Eagle-L's and FAF Firebirds, 4€ a piece.

Cool! Yeah this plastic is super sexy. I'm considering giving it a go, looks like it has been thrown only few times. No ink either. I got this from a mystery box which had some other really nice stuff too, like stock stamp ESP Wasps, Champion Eagle-L's and FAF Firebirds, 4€ a piece.

Killed it on that mystery box. All kinds of fun stuff there.

Crush

Its a keeper. If you like speed 10 overstable discs the Crush is a good one. As I said, that old Z plastic is pretty much indestructible.

I haven't seen a Crush of any sort in a few years.

I have had my hands on this disc this past week.

We:hfive: play rounds every week or so and he brought the the disc this past Wednesday to glow doubles this week. Not a wipe, a blind man holding disc can see it's a JK-less Valkyrie stamp. Plus the I read the original email from Innova from his phone. Nice find.

Like many of you when he showed me the picture I figured it was wiped. My disc collection at one point was 3500 plus and I thought I had seen pretty much every thing. Not so.

While we will debate the value, the stamp is truly rare.

If yall see signs of wiping the stamp please let me know....I don't see them.

Is this a firebird?
47ca379752e575fc73d58d1df2eb91ac.jpg
2c94d0eb386feac082c40f75ca898d29.jpg
d5a7ab857d95164069777d8d37dd29e4.jpg
22a88de547865ea98f7cdf2b1d8b62da.jpg
0c5591b3470a8b3a447ed1bba23b5d54.jpg
4924dc1d4dc3db9fe340ceedb4807916.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What's it worth? Discraft, 4 points elite Z XL 2004 Ice Bowl
dcdff58f51f0930acaecb1be85b6d653.jpg
861ace80fcff78359318514b4f3f3273.jpg

Is this a firebird?

Hard to say. The pictures of the wing are a little blurry. Does it have a bit of a lip under the end of the wing (Firebird, Teebird, Thunderbird all have it)? I would recommend measuring the wing to narrow down what speed it is. Also, sticker says Teebird3; any reason to doubt this other that it does not appear to be Metal Flake? Based on the pictures I would lean toward Teebird or Thunderbird (does not appear to be as concave a wing as a Firebird), but I am not the best at identifying something just looking at it.

Do you have a Teebird, Thunderbird, or another Firebird to compare it two and take a picture of both wings next to each other?

Look at that disc in the right light and you'll be able to read the wiped-off stamp. Looks like an Eagle or Teebird.

That is the stamp. I looked at it in the light, there's nothing there. There's not even a trace of the penned initials on the back. There are no other markings on this disc :confused:

That is the stamp. I looked at it in the light, there's nothing there. There's not even a trace of the penned initials on the back. There are no other markings on this disc :confused:

Interesting. I've never seen a disc with just the Innova logo on it. I have seen instances where people will take acetone and wipe part of the stamp.

I guess the best thing you can do is compare that disc with an Eagle or Teebird and see which looks closest.

Interesting. I've never seen a disc with just the Innova logo on it. I have seen instances where people will take acetone and wipe part of the stamp.

I guess the best thing you can do is compare that disc with an Eagle or Teebird and see which looks closest.
Yea, I thought it was weird too. I mean, I literally just saw a wiped disc a couple days ago and you could definitely see the ghost of the stamp. This disc is all by its lonesome.

Thanks for your help! I have a Teebird but not an Eagle. Maybe I'll visit the store :D

Yea, I thought it was weird too. I mean, I literally just saw a wiped disc a couple days ago and you could definitely see the ghost of the stamp. This disc is all by its lonesome.

Thanks for your help! I have a Teebird but not an Eagle. Maybe I'll visit the store :D

I think that's a Teebird. The only difference betwen the Eagle-x and the Teebird is the curvature in the top of the flight plate as it approaches the wing. The Teebird has a more pronounced curve whereas the Eagle top is more flat/straight as it approaches the edge. Other than that, the two discs are nearly indistinguishable.

Can you help identify this pumpkin

Just found this with no name/number just has a sharpie x on it think it's a 2017 glow Roc but not sure.

Attachments

• 15200880801381473071568.jpg
    15200880801381473071568.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 15200881005762001990925.jpg
    15200881005762001990925.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 1520088192501618520432.jpg
    1520088192501618520432.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I think that's a Teebird. The only difference betwen the Eagle-x and the Teebird is the curvature in the top of the flight plate as it approaches the wing. The Teebird has a more pronounced curve whereas the Eagle top is more flat/straight as it approaches the edge. Other than that, the two discs are nearly indistinguishable.
FUN FACT: The Eagle/Teebird release was when Innova started putting mold initials on discs. Even the guys who made them couldn't tell a stack of blanks apart with any sort of accuracy, they are that close.