• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a viper....it was 1992....its a scorpion or barracuda....

22e14331.jpg

I just bought a CFR Champion Birdie (zippertop) that says "Sandy Point Resort & Disc Golf Ranch" at the top and "Home of the North Woods Open" at the bottom. Between that is a detailed pic of a bear next to a basket at the bank of a river with forest in the background.

Does anyone know what year this stamp is from? And/or how rare this disc is?

I am pretty sure that stamp you are describing is from last year. There were a lot of those birdies at Sandy Points pro shop last year, so probably not so rare.

Looking for some info on this disc from the Texas State Championships 1986.

There are no markings on the back accept for a 174 on the inside rim.

Anyone?
That is prolly a P-38. If you have an old 80's disc without tooling, its almost always a Lightning disc. If it has a custom stamp a lot of the time you have to think Lightning because Lightning didn't charge a set-up fee for custom stamping. If it is custom stamped with a Texas stamp and has no tooling, it's almost a guarantee to be a Lightning disc.

Why does it being from 1992 rule out the Viper? Were Vipers not being molded back then?

Vipers were out in '92. I'm not sure why he said it wasn't a Viper.

the disc he wanted to know about was a 1991 2x climo....the viper came out in 1992....so im not sure how it could be a viper....i think its a scorpion or barracuda but the pic is not clear enough for me to see

the disc he wanted to know about was a 1991 2x climo....the viper came out in 1992....so im not sure how it could be a viper....i think its a scorpion or barracuda but the pic is not clear enough for me to see
The disc probably was stamped well after he won. There is the thought that it well could have been stamped in the Spring of 92, when the Viper would have been the next big thing and popular for custom stamps. So I don't think it can be eliminated by the stamp.

Easy to tell the difference between a Scorpion and a Viper.

Step one: Grab a Roc.

Step two: Compare the diameter.

Step three: Larger? Scorpion. Same size? Viper. Don't have a Roc? Shame on you and I don't want to answer your damn question until you do!

Can anyone tell me what disc is likely to have a 2011 PDGA Pro Worlds stamp on it? My friend found one at the park and neither of us know what it is. It's a driver and it has a pretty wide rim.

Can anyone tell me what disc is likely to have a 2011 PDGA Pro Worlds stamp on it? My friend found one at the park and neither of us know what it is. It's a driver and it has a pretty wide rim.

It could be a Bolt or Katana, both were stamped with the 2011 worlds stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.