• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just because he won his 6th title in 95 doesnt automaticially mean that if this disc is a roc then it has to be an ontario. It could still be a San Marino.

FWIW, it doesn't look like a San Marino, either. It looks like a Cobra.

I was just guessing that it was a roc since he said it wasnt a cobra, and those are really the only 2 innova molds that I know of that look like that.

Now as for value, that $40 that was tossed out there was way off. I would say $40 would be about the minimum if is was brand new and max weight. I would only value this to be about a max of $20 because of the condition that it is in, and if it is a low weight then value would be lower as well.

If it's any consolation, it flies right like my cobra does. Either way, it's a good disc for me right now, a great right turn mid range. Anyone seen this stamp before? Would it be only on one type of disc or many?

I'm new to the disc collecting part of the game, so I appreciate the education.

ROC/Cobra...which is which

I've attached cleaned up photos of the KC ROC/Cobra...it weighs 179 grams. I've also pictured it side by side with another mystery disc of mine that flies perfectly straight then settles left. Is it possible this non-labeled mystery disc is a ROC?

The rim depth is a little deeper with the disc on the right and feels "sharper" and more vertical on the lip underside.

Attachments

• Copy of 20131009_152117.jpg
    Copy of 20131009_152117.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Copy of 20131009_152140.jpg
    Copy of 20131009_152140.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20131009_152257.jpg
    20131009_152257.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 36
left cobra, right roc
cleaning that disc might have destroyed that stamp tho...

I realize that post clean but honestly I doubt I'll ever sell it, but hard lesson to learn.

Thanks for the feedback

Ok so i forgot to say that the other 2 disc's in the picture are whippets one same vintage other brand new both have the same rim this green one has a flat spot on it anyone got a idea the top is the same...

Based on my research I think this is a CE Gazelle but not 100% sure. The stamp is/was "2002 PDGA Pro Worlds Houston"

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 24
Found this Star Orc marked *O this week. I know Flying Eye stamps mean something so some people. Anything rare or valuable about this?

I guess this would be easier to post here instead of making a separate thread...

What does anyone know about DX Coyotes? Seems like they were a very short run.

IMG_20131019_194742_940_zps1ebf470d.jpg

i assume these comets are just the same as newer ones; just an older stamp? i found one and thought it was pretty cool. i would kill for a full color stamp! makes an otherwise under-appreciated disc seem pretty badass.

i wish more people would talk about disc history. i've looked all over for the stamp history on different discs, the tooling, etc, but the threads are scattered and not much info to be gleaned. disappointing for people like myself just starting out and having to play catch-up with people who lived through the changes.

Last edited:
That is the common X Comet stamp that was used for about 10 years until last year or earlier this year (don't remember the timing) when Discraft replaced all of X stamps. It's funny; that stamp was so common but now that it's gone I sorta miss it.

I think it's a very unique stamp; I'm kind of sad they decided to switch because i really do like it. Much more interesting than the vast majority of stamps out there. Does anybody know why? Cost? Trying to keep things efficient?

I think it's a very unique stamp; I'm kind of sad they decided to switch because i really do like it. Much more interesting than the vast majority of stamps out there. Does anybody know why? Cost? Trying to keep things efficient?
I think they may have been looking for a more modern look IMO. The old stamp was better though.

The X stamps were a throwback to the old days when each disc had a unique stamp. Now they have gone to a more "generic across the whole plastic line" stamp that some people seem to think looks more "professional." I kinda like art, so to me the new stamps are boring.

The original stamp (just for fun.)
picture.php

Here are a few pictures of my most recent purchase, a 170g Special Edition Teebird-L. I was wondering what year it was created, what type of plastic it is, and just the general history behind it. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
  • securedownload (2).jpg
    securedownload (2).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 17
  • securedownload (3).jpg
    securedownload (3).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 23
To clarify...Innova had DX and KC Pro plastic (pretty much the same thing as Pro plastic today) in the late 90's. They started messing around with the blends of plastic trying to come up with something new, and the resulting discs were sold as "SE" or Special Edition discs. It varied from disc to disc and run to run. Some of it was worse than Pro and some of it was damn close to CE. It was basically the tinkering that resulted in CE plastic and all the Candy plastic that followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts