• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify...Innova had DX and KC Pro plastic (pretty much the same thing as Pro plastic today) in the late 90's. They started messing around with the blends of plastic trying to come up with something new, and the resulting discs were sold as "SE" or Special Edition discs. It varied from disc to disc and run to run. Some of it was worse than Pro and some of it was damn close to CE. It was basically the tinkering that resulted in CE plastic and all the Candy plastic that followed.

This is exactly what I was looking for, along with your first response, thanks! I originally thought it was a type of champion plastic, so i must have gotten one on the more CE side of the discs produced.:thmbup:

Jay bird roc

Ok if this has been talked about I am sorry. I will be the first person to admit I am not very good with the search function. I recently purchased a big bird dx roc. I was looking at it and it is stamped jay bird roc. What is it? Do they have a story?

and while you're at it, you could tell me about when innova changed from no flight ratings to flight ratings, as well as changing distance drivers to fairway drivers, ala this disc:

IMG_20131019_194048_665_zps03a12d79.jpg

:D thanks. did they switch all discs at the same time? and add flight ratings all at the same time? i was looking for some sort of correlation between patent numbers, factory tooling, etc, but it seems there is no connection. this disc has rancho tooling, which is their most recent, and plenty of discs with patent numbers have flight ratings, so that means at some point innova just started doing it because they wanted to, am i correct?

Well in the case of Banshees, they don't sell particularly well. So lots of pre-# Banshees still lying around.

Shame too, great, dependable headwind disc.

and while you're at it, you could tell me about when innova changed from no flight ratings to flight ratings, as well as changing distance drivers to fairway drivers, ala this disc:

IMG_20131019_194048_665_zps03a12d79.jpg

:D thanks. did they switch all discs at the same time? and add flight ratings all at the same time? i was looking for some sort of correlation between patent numbers, factory tooling, etc, but it seems there is no connection. this disc has rancho tooling, which is their most recent, and plenty of discs with patent numbers have flight ratings, so that means at some point innova just started doing it because they wanted to, am i correct?
I think I started seeing flight number discs in 2010. As for the Distance/Fairway labels, that I don't remember. I think it was around the time of the Wraith that the term "fairway driver" was coined.

Kind of a dumb question so I didn't want to start a thread. Do all runs of the DX Destroyers have "DX 21.2" on the arm, or is this a way to determine runs?

The one I bought recently isn't super domey and warped, and the plastic has a nice feel to it.

Just went and checked mine. Thats cool ! I never noticed it before. Left arm, right below Innova.

Three P., not sure of your " S.E. made Dave make Champion Edition " statement though.
I know the timeline works, but S.E. never looked C.E.
S.E. was always some sort of DX blend.

It's more likely he saw one of those old TPE quick mold machines at Disneyland back in the day that made cool dinosaurs, and figured out where to get the polymers from. :)

I have a basic ID, but do not know much about any of these discs. I picked all of these up off of craigslist as part of a bundle. How old are they? Are they throwers / wall hangers? The cobra is Ontario and the Roc and Eagle are Rancho. Also, the eagle feels much stiffer and less grippy than the other 2 discs and the 2 tones is not just in the picture. I think they are all DX.

Attachments

• roc.jpg
    roc.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 34
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 27
  • cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 25
Yeah all DX, all likely late 90s early 00s. I'm not positive on the dates for Circle/Bar/Swoosh Stamps.

Cobra and Eagle are cool but fairly common, the Roc is a little bit more sought after, especially because it's a Rancho.

Question:
How can you tell the difference between a regular champion shark and a champion edition shark?

I am about to get a multi purpose champ shark and am wondering if there is a chance of it being ce...

Please send me a pm if you know my answer, thanks!

I have a big collection of Buzzz's, but I've not been able to find much information on this one. It is an Elite X Buzzz that has WASP at the top of the stamp, and it is WASP Tooled on the rim. I've never found one that had the WASP label at the top of the label with Buzzz in the middle before. Please see picture below, and let me know if anyone has any information on it. Thanks.

E-X-Buzzz_zpsd24f574d.jpg

163g, "XB Test, 99/135" inked on rim.
8/10 condition
Thanks in advance for any info!

Attachments

• 163g Jap Open.jpg
    163g Jap Open.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 28
8/10 condition
The XB was a protoype Innova was working on about three years ago to come up with lighter, faster discs in premium plastic as I recall. It was basically a modern high-speed wing with a fastback top. The decided not to make them but sold off the prototypes as Japan Open fundraisers. They are not approved.

I have a big collection of Buzzz's, but I've not been able to find much information on this one. It is an Elite X Buzzz that has WASP at the top of the stamp, and it is WASP Tooled on the rim. I've never found one that had the WASP label at the top of the label with Buzzz in the middle before. Please see picture below, and let me know if anyone has any information on it. Thanks.

E-X-Buzzz_zpsd24f574d.jpg
No idea. I DO know that I have a supposed "first run X Buzzz" from the 2004 DGLO that is Buzzz tooled. This disc would seem to indicate that my X Buzzz is not from the first run in X. :(

No idea. I DO know that I have a supposed "first run X Buzzz" from the 2004 DGLO that is Buzzz tooled. This disc would seem to indicate that my X Buzzz is not from the first run in X. :(

I have a 2003 Christmas Buzzz in X. Also Wasp tooled.

8/10 condition

The XB was a protoype Innova was working on about three years ago to come up with lighter, faster discs in premium plastic as I recall. It was basically a modern high-speed wing with a fastback top. The decided not to make them but sold off the prototypes as Japan Open fundraisers. They are not approved.

Thanks ThreePutt.
I actually put this in the wrong thread:wall:
Any idea on value?

Question:
How can you tell the difference between a regular champion shark and a champion edition shark?

I am about to get a multi purpose champ shark and am wondering if there is a chance of it being ce...

Please send me a pm if you know my answer, thanks!

about the only way to tell the difference is look at the date (if it has one)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts