• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idio Syncrasy Disc Golf Shoe

Nope, can't throw forehand due to old injuries

I play in much wetter environments a majority of the time, waterproofing is very important to me.

I do have some Terrex shoes and they are one of my favorite pairs of shoes I currently wear when playing (1 Merrill, 2 keen, 1 Terrex, 1 Idio) All are suppose to be waterproof as I have not purchased a disc golf shoe that wasn't in a very long time. I prefer to be able to step in water 1 to 2 inches deep without my socks getting wet. I play rain or shine when I go out. My Idio are covered in mud right now but I just checked the tread on them. The "knobs" are almost totally gone on teh ball of my foot. Because of this and the fact my feet got wet every time I had wet conditions, I will not be investing another $130 into Idio unless they change up a few things. (like better rubber and better waterproofing)

I play in much wetter environments a majority of the time, waterproofing is very important to me.

I do have some Terrex shoes and they are one of my favorite pairs of shoes I currently wear when playing (1 Merrill, 2 keen, 1 Terrex, 1 Idio) All are suppose to be waterproof as I have not purchased a disc golf shoe that wasn't in a very long time. I prefer to be able to step in water 1 to 2 inches deep without my socks getting wet. I play rain or shine when I go out. My Idio are covered in mud right now but I just checked the tread on them. The "knobs" are almost totally gone on teh ball of my foot. Because of this and the fact my feet got wet every time I had wet conditions, I will not be investing another $130 into Idio unless they change up a few things. (like better rubber and better waterproofing)

Thanks for the additional feedback. The big thing for me, is hearing about the 'lugs/knobs' on the bottom wearing out so soon. That's one of their 'highlights' about the shoe is their grip, but if the part of the shoe that provides grip is quickly wearing out....well, grip isn't that great anymore.

I think I'll be keeping with my Adidas Terrex for the future, unless I hear better things about the Idio Syncrasy shoes. Meanwhile, I'll also keep looking for feedback from someone who throws forehands and drags their toe. I'd really like to know how the toe cap and sole hold up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The shoes in my car at the moment. Newest shoes are the Idio (the muddy ones)
The high tops are some Merrill's I got for about half price and they are crap
Notice I have just about totally worn out the Terrex, you can see them starting to rip. Those were my go to shoe with the Keens being back ups when my feet started to hurt.

I will by Terrex again, will never buy Merrell after the one above.

Yep same here. I don't wear my Idio's anymore because the knobs are so worn down. I loved them for about 5 rounds and then the wear because actually noticeable.

The shoes in my car at the moment. Newest shoes are the Idio (the muddy ones)
The high tops are some Merrill's I got for about half price and they are crap
Notice I have just about totally worn out the Terrex, you can see them starting to rip. Those were my go to shoe with the Keens being back ups when my feet started to hurt.

I will by Terrex again, will never buy Merrell after the one above.

Terrex are the best disc golf shoes I have worn to date. The only downside I have heard is that they're kinda narrow and if you've got fat Fred Flinstone feet, no good. Thankfully I don't and they fit like a glove. I keep a new pair (no GTX) at the office for professional wear too.

I've got some Keen sandals and the soles on them have held up for over a decade now. I suspect that Keen probably has the longest lasting/most durable soles, but I'll gladly take the tradeoff with the Terrex being a little lighter weight and more nimble/running shoe like. And it's not like the Terrex soles are terrible either.

I like Salomon but man they have such little tread on their shoes. I had a pair and they were fantastic otherwise but I burned through those soles super fast. Terrex seems like a good compromise between the two.

This picture shows the issue I have with the toe of shoes. You can see the toe cap is really worn. I keep putting Shoe Goo on it to make it last longer. While harder to see, where the sole meets the toe cap has been separating and I've been supergluing it back together. That wear is since June 8th, 2022; averaging 2 rounds a week.

I have a wide toe area and these are the Wide version....so I'm happy with the fit. My number one wish was that the sole and toecap were all one piece. That would at least stop the separation issue on both shoes (worse on the right since I toe drag throwing forehands).

Attachments

• ShoeToeCap.jpg
    ShoeToeCap.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 37
Terrex are the best disc golf shoes I have worn to date. The only downside I have heard is that they're kinda narrow and if you've got fat Fred Flinstone feet, no good. Thankfully I don't and they fit like a glove. I keep a new pair (no GTX) at the office for professional wear too.

I've got some Keen sandals and the soles on them have held up for over a decade now. I suspect that Keen probably has the longest lasting/most durable soles, but I'll gladly take the tradeoff with the Terrex being a little lighter weight and more nimble/running shoe like. And it's not like the Terrex soles are terrible either.

I like Salomon but man they have such little tread on their shoes. I had a pair and they were fantastic otherwise but I burned through those soles super fast. Terrex seems like a good compromise between the two.

I have a pair of Terrex Trailmakers I wear and as someone with pretty wide feet they fit me a lot better than regular Terrex shoes. When I was trying shoes on at the store I could tell a noticable difference between the two (I think I tried on the AX3 or AX2). The Trailmakers are less clunky feeling, too. I can't speak to the waterproofing on the ones linked below but even the ones I have that don't have Gore-tex have held up decently well to standing in an inch or two of mud and water. https://www.adidas.com/us/terrex-trailmaker-gore-tex-hiking-shoes/GY6720.html

This picture shows the issue I have with the toe of shoes. You can see the toe cap is really worn. I keep putting Shoe Goo on it to make it last longer. While harder to see, where the sole meets the toe cap has been separating and I've been supergluing it back together. That wear is since June 8th, 2022; averaging 2 rounds a week.

I have a wide toe area and these are the Wide version....so I'm happy with the fit. My number one wish was that the sole and toecap were all one piece. That would at least stop the separation issue on both shoes (worse on the right since I toe drag throwing forehands).

You should check out Tuff Toe. The shoes I put them on wore out long before the toe did, and I am a toe dragger. In fact, you can barely see any wear on the toe because the product works so well. Sure it is a little expensive for one pair of shoes, but they made the shoes wearable for at least 3x as long as I would normal take to wear a hole in a shoe's toe.

Additionally, the reason the shoes I used Tuff Toe on stopped being used was almost complete sole separation. Guess which part of the shoe did not have that problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001XFK4...colid=NZ2UYHV19KZP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

You should check out Tuff Toe. The shoes I put them on wore out long before the toe did, and I am a toe dragger. In fact, you can barely see any wear on the toe because the product works so well. Sure it is a little expensive for one pair of shoes, but they made the shoes wearable for at least 3x as long as I would normal take to wear a hole in a shoe's toe.

Additionally, the reason the shoes I used Tuff Toe on stopped being used was almost complete sole separation. Guess which part of the shoe did not have that problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001XFK4...colid=NZ2UYHV19KZP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks! $33 isn't too expensive considering a new pair of shoes are over $100. I'm definitely going to look into that.

Ordered it, now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I'm going to use it on the right shoe's toe where the most damage is done....but on the left shoe, I'm going to use it to fix where the shoe is separating at the seam between the toe cap and sole. Once I've played a few rounds with it....I'll update this with feedback. (or maybe start a new thread).

You should check out Tuff Toe.

Got it this and applied it yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. Won't be able to play today, but I plan:

Tuesday: Field work
Wednesday: League
Friday: More Field Work?
Saturday or Sunday: Two rounds.

Next week, I'll give feedback on how the toe is holding up with the Tuff Toe application.

Had mine for six months and using them once or twice a week, for rounds and field work. They keep my feet dryer than running shoes but are not fully water proof. Comfort wise I have been very happy wearing them through fall, winter and now spring. I have not had any problems with them so far, but at most twice a week isn't a ton of wear… Super cold I did switch to hiking boots instead since I cannot wear a thick sock in them…

In less than a year since getting my shoes, the soles of both shoes are coming off at the heels. I'll post a picture later. Really disappointed in the quality of the shoes. About 120 rounds in them and now I am afraid they will just disentigrate at any moment. I've gone back to my 3 year old adidas terrex shoes with the outsole worn off and holes in the side as they are more reliable than the Idios. Add in that they aren't waterproof, and even the "water resistance" didn't last longer than a few months, and I'm seriously regretting my purchase. I'd get soaked feet just from the morning dew, like any other shoe.

The only thing I liked about them was how the side of the toe was wrapped in the outsole for better protection when sidearming.

I'll be looking to get another pair of adidas later when I can score a good deal.

In less than a year since getting my shoes, the soles of both shoes are coming off at the heels. I'll post a picture later. Really disappointed in the quality of the shoes. About 120 rounds in them and now I am afraid they will just disentigrate at any moment. I've gone back to my 3 year old adidas terrex shoes with the outsole worn off and holes in the side as they are more reliable than the Idios. Add in that they aren't waterproof, and even the "water resistance" didn't last longer than a few months, and I'm seriously regretting my purchase. I'd get soaked feet just from the morning dew, like any other shoe.

The only thing I liked about them was how the side of the toe was wrapped in the outsole for better protection when sidearming.

I'll be looking to get another pair of adidas later when I can score a good deal.
Look into Tuff Toe. I get it from Amazon and it's a substance you can put on the shoe to reduce wear and tear. It's mainly for repairing the toe cap and sole, but you probably could put it on material to protect that spot from wear. It's been making my Terrex Solos last a whole lot longer than they would have otherwise. There's a thread about Tuff Toe on this forum.

Idio's were one of the more comfortable disc golf shoes I have ever purchased.

however, they did not last very long for me.
#1 they were NOT waterproof, just the dew in the morning round would soak the shoes.
#2 The heals on both shoes have separated, they have been regulated for water shoes now.

When I went to purchase new shoes, I spent 1/2 the amount for some Merrell's and they have already lasted longer and are waterproof.

I do know they redesigned and changed up the new shipment.

Tougher soles that don't wear down as quick
Better glue for the sole separation issue
Better waterproofing

I will say this, I purchased some Wildhorse 7 shoes, while they are not waterproof, they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. I now where my Merrell's in the morning, as soon as the grass dries, I changed to my Wildhorse for the rest of the day.

(remember, I usually play multiple courses all day long)

I bought/backed these. I will never buy them.again! They WERE waterproof for yhe first few rounds(WERE)! My sole came apart after a handful of rounds... I still wear them for my morning rounds with the retired guys, but my feet are soaked 1/2 way through the round... I have a pair of Keens that I've had for 12 years! They are the best pair I've ever had, and are just as waterproof as the Ideos, and I love em...

Latest posts