• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idlewild upgrades and additions...

Nice Shots. Had a blast, would do it again any day. Glad we didn't do 24.

24 would be tough. 18 was plenty.

Great day for golf. Next time it snows = Banklick.

Another time for sure. Tomorrow I have to do some cleaning and fire up the smoker for the Super Bowl.

Hey Ripper (& all), just so you know, the 'Nati folks are playing Bounty Hunters Doubles at Idlewild at noon tomorrow:

"Bounty Hunters will be at this event with lots of bounties at this course. $50.00 bounty on these holes: 2 on #2 long, 2 on C long, 2 on #E long, 2 on #3 long tee, 3 on #6, 3 on #14 long, 3 on #15, 2 on #16, 3 on #18. $100.00 for an ace as well."

See Drew before noon draw (I think it's either $5 or $8??).

(if -unlike me!- you can visualize the possibility of reaching those scores on those holes, you should get there!)

Holy sheep sh**! Stevie Wonder could play on these!

Attachments

• Idlewild basket.jpg
    Idlewild basket.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 22
Played Idlewild this weekend, book end of my 2200 mile 12 state trip. Great course, a beast that I was almost too tired for by then. I had a couple of questions though as a fellow course designer and builder.

Is there a story with the baskets? There is a lot of history mentioned throughout the course...is the wide variety of basket styles intentional? There were a number of different style discatchers, a varying catching heights, I didnt recognize every basket style.

It was damp when I played, the bridges are REALLY slippery, nailing some roofing shingles on each wooden plank on the various bridges/ wooden stairs would really add to the safety of the course and I think it is much needed.