• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] If there were no sponsors.....

As far as the new stuff;

Maybe pures or judges, truths, giants, stilettos, rivals, maybe resistors or ions.

I think that most pros would have wizards firebirds and PD2s probably also PDs those are pretty unique discs that most of the better am players use.

Only internet guys are obsessed with the pd. Out of the 60 people who play at my Wednesday league, I think an even number of 0 have the pd in the bag. A lot are the more casual golfer and they tend to have the wraith as a distance driver and buzzz for a midrange/putter. Most carry a few discs only. Of my Monday league of 70 or so people with the majority being different I can't recall a single guy playing on my cards throwing a pd. it's basically the force, destroyer, wraith or boss for the distance disc.

mvp hasn't been mentioned yet.

oh-snap.gif

mvp hasn't been mentioned yet.

oh-snap.gif

I would imagine the Volt would be quite popular when top-level players gave it a shot. Considering its the best disc to be released in the last five years (my opinion, of course!)

Dont know how many other MVP discs would make it.

Only internet guys are obsessed with the pd. Out of the 60 people who play at my Wednesday league, I think an even number of 0 have the pd in the bag. A lot are the more casual golfer and they tend to have the wraith as a distance driver and buzzz for a midrange/putter. Most carry a few discs only. Of my Monday league of 70 or so people with the majority being different I can't recall a single guy playing on my cards throwing a pd. it's basically the force, destroyer, wraith or boss for the distance disc.

Will Schustrick threw it when he was sponsored by innova and well into his prodigy days. Simon throws one so does AJ and Paul Mcbeth thats all i can think of now but a ton of the Euro players throw PDs

And this has any bearing on the discussion how?

I mentioned the Resistor and Ion.

Both great discs.

I think the Resistor would be pretty low on a top pros "wish list" compared to the Volt or the Amp (which I don't care for, but is a huge seller and would be a great understable disc for most pros)

I think the Ion would probably be right behind those two, but the Wizard or KC Aviar would score ahead of it. I mean, MVP is popular around these forums, and I do see a lot of them out on the course, but when we're talking top pros, I just don't see too many of them going Gyro.

But then again, McBeast and Barry have been throwing the Nova, so who knows?

Latest posts