• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If You Could Only Carry 5 Discs - Which Do you Choose and Why?

Soft wizard
Z buzz
Z avenger ss
Solf
11x firebird

These will pretty much cover anything needed and are really the core of my bag as it is

Voodoo 168 SSS My money putter. Don't know why I keep trying others, but I do
Drone 180 I can't turn it over
Comet 180 esp flx Some days, it's the only disc I need. Although I often also carry one in x and another in z.
Teebird 168 utility fairway
Avenger SS My best distance driver to date I have several in different weights, they are all about the same so whichever one I happen to grab.

Tough choices and not what I thought I was going to pick ten minutes ago when I read the thread title. Just going with discs that have been in my bag this week, it could have just as easily been:

Banger GT 168 new but beating up quickly
Buzzz Whichever one I grab, I got a million of 'em usually throw a 172 esp flx, but I've been trying out a new Zflx and also throwing a 180d on a course with ridiculous rough where I don't want to lose one of the more expensive ones.
Eagle 175 champ mostly for hyzers and forehands
Xpress 170 x turns over nicely or flips flat and flies straight also makes a good roller.
Crush 170 z straight with a finish or holds a nice hyzer line. Awesome skips.

Or...

Soft Focus 168 nice and broken in
Comet 180 esp flx
Buzzz OS 168 z
Mantis 171 d trying out a new one...seems flippy like a beat in XL
Predator 175 z new, might be replacing my firebird

or...
or...
or...
:wall:

Imagine you are about to play a tournament and, for some bizarre reason, rules state you can only play 5 discs. Which 5 would you choose, and why?

Z Predator - Consistency to rule them all. FH and BH pig.

pPD - worn so I can flip to flat or turn it over. The workhorse of my bag anyway.

z Comet - it's a comet. it goes where I tell it to

KC Pro Roc - More power off the tee, perfect midrange driver.

Classic Judge - Putts, approaches etc.

for me i would have to pick 6
tp giant-distance
le gl saint pro- distance, most used
beat lucid escape- annys
opto compass or lucid truth longer up shots, slower annys
fluid warden-up shorter up shots
zero hard swan -missing putts ha!
all i really need

Putter: Retro Mercy

Approach: DX Colt

Mid: None or a Opto Clamore

U.S. Fairway: Light GL River

S. Fairway: Icon Patriot

O.S. Fairway: Beefy Star TeeBird

This sounds like something I should try on a round. I do play some two disc rounds every so often and do surprisingly well with a fairway and go to putter :eek:.

Vibram VP - x-link 176 (my go- to putter)
Discraft Buzzz - CryZtal, 176 (three aces & numerous long upshots in can't be wrong!)
Westside Bard - VIP, 174 (the middle beef I need in the wind, recently helped me deuce a 465 footer for the first time)
Innova Teebird - Champ 12x, 150 (dead straight for me with barely there fade)
Innova Tern - Star, 172 (newly dyed disc in the sweet spot for my distance slot)

...coz I know how they fly for me & these would have the best chance to handle a range of distances and wind conditions

Renegade- My go to driver
FD-Middle Driver
Crave- short drives and up shots
Claymore- Most approaches. It can hold any line
Soft ion- main putter and short approaches

G* Teebird
Champ Leopard3
Champ Roc 3
Beat DX Roc
Magnet (been hot with my magnet lately, but could swap out with some Yeti Aviars as well)

S PD can handle almost any drive FH and BH
Dx ROC can be used for almost any midrange shot
Prime Warden for approaches and putts
The last two would depend on the course. Is it short or long? I could add a Ridge and FD3 for short and if it is long I would add an Echo Star Wraith. Will I be throwing lots of rollers? Add a leopard or F7, but the core would be the same.

Serp P&A
Md4 Short range curvy stuff
Tb3 Pretty much all fairway/downhill shots
Valk Big Anny shots
Wraith Distance

Last edited:
Prime judge - putting and straight up shots
BT soft harp - upshots, forehand approach
Beat up MD4 - all mid-range duties
Discmania fd3 - overstable duties, forehand drives
Legacy outlaw - main driver, forehand duties

I regularly carry just seven discs, the most I can comfortably hold, for quick practice rounds. I would miss my most overstable and understable discs, Scythe and Wizard, both in premium plastic...

That leaves me, all premium plastic and nearly new, not beat : Pig, Meteor, WASP, Sidewinder, and Katana.

Zero Hard Pure
Star Caiman
Lucid Felon
Opto River
Star Destroyer
Used this set up for a work trip and it worked great.

This thread is in the wrong Forum. I thought this was the bag Forum
?

I've never agreed with you more.

Maybe the better question is, if you could only carry 5 bags, which would you carry and why?

For me:
Pound Octothorpe on the back, just cuz I want to try one
UPD Shift on front, because it's amazing and will be reasonably comfortable
Innova Deluxe over shoulder
Nutsac? I need something that won't crowd the situation too badly
Plastic bag from Raising Canes (initially filled with some fries and chicken preferably, but this was my first disc golf bag, and worked pretty well)

I've never agreed with you more.

Maybe the better question is, if you could only carry 5 bags, which would you carry and why?

For me:
Pound Octothorpe on the back, just cuz I want to tr. y one
UPD Shift on front, because it's amazing and will be reasonably comfortable
Innova Deluxe over shoulder
Nutsac? I need something that won't crowd the situation too badly
Plastic bag from Raising Canes (initially filled with some fries and chicken preferably, but this was my first disc golf bag, and worked pretty well)

Thanks.

For me it is the Bag I curently have a Vertex Angler backpack then the Athletico Backpack on the seat part because I have that then the Discraft over the sholder tournament bag as that was what I used before the bag I currently used however the newer version from what mine is but adding a second soft stroller bottle holder and some of the straps I had on my old Tournament single strap model Then a Discraft Weekender for very small rounds and for a beginner set in it most of the time. Lastly a wish bag being that sack thing that Upper Parks makes and use for Arline flights when space is a priority; the Discraft weekender works fine for the same slot here.

Latest posts