• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If you could only throw one manufacturer...

the_pwnerator

Eagle Member
Who would you choose?

As of right now, I'd choose latitude 64, but if MVP's new driver is up to snuff when it comes out I would probably switch to an MVP lineup.

You would switch to MVP when they will only have 1 driver? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I would probably choose Innova even though I only throw one of their discs (Teebird), but they also make discs for Discmania, which has better discs in their small lineup than Innova has out of the hundreds(?) of molds they have made. Right now though, I probably have mostly Discraft stuff cause I like their putters and mids.

You would switch to MVP when they will only have 1 driver? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I would probably choose Innova even though I only throw one of their discs (Teebird), but they also make discs for Discmania, which has better discs in their small lineup than Innova has out of the hundreds(?) of molds they have made. Right now though, I probably have mostly Discraft stuff cause I like their putters and mids.

Yes...because I can do with their mids and putters, with what most people I play with use a driver for.

I could replace the non-innova stuff in my bag easier than replacing my rocs and PDs.

I'd go with Latitude. I love my Teebirds and Aviars but could easily make the switch to Saints and Pures. Their plastic is phenomenal.

Lat 64, I used to be an Innova addict but now I can't get enough of the River. I'd miss my Wizards though..

I'd have to say discraft, as it's the easiest to replace around here.

I use a gateway voodoo for a putter, all my mids are discraft and my drivers are a mix of discraft and innova. not sure what discraft putter i'd use...

I would probably have to say Discraft, even though I only have a few of their molds in my bag right now(Drone, Comet, and Nuke). The reason I say that is that they have a well rounded line-up, and I know I could easily switch out most of my favorite discs for a Discraft version (Wizard=Focus, Roc=Wasp etc.) My only concern would be fairway drivers. I have never thrown a Discraft fairway driver, but I guess I would try a Stalker and an XL and see how it goes :)

Millennium.
Polaris, JLS, QMS, Omega/Aviar.
i could throw that.

As of right now, I'd choose latitude 64, but if MVP's new driver is up to snuff when it comes out I would probably switch to an MVP lineup.
I completely agree. I'd have no problems covering any and all shots with Lat64. Obviously the quality of their plastic precedes them and they have a good range of discs to choose from,

BUT...

I can also see going with an all MVP bag if their driver excels (can't see why it won't!). Their putters and mids are already sneaky long, the reputation they have for consistency is begining to precede them, and if their driver is anything like their existing molds, I couldn't imagine much more I'd need to try and fit into my bag. After playing Axis only rounds and shaving strokes off my score, its not a far stretch of the imagination to think that it could be MVP alone.

Latest posts