• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could play any tournament...

minnesota majestic. :) never played a tournament before; would be cool to play in the biggest one in MN and really get my arse kicked to motivate me even more.

I hear ya, I'm planning on playing next year if I can. I've followed the pros around a bit, it'll be nice to whip their ass.;)

I'd love to play the Zoo Town Open in Missoula, Mt. Its my hometown, and Ive never played a tournament there! Its Montanas only A-Tier, and from what I hear is an awesome event every year. Hopefully I can make it jn 2014!

Well i know tourney's you have to q for are excluded, but i am currently q'd for am worlds and really hope i have the opportunity to go. Outside of that i'm really bummed i have to miss the delaware disc golf challenge next week after all the rounds i put in at iron hill this year so i hope to play my local a tier next year.

Done the Memorial & Glass Blown. Beaver State Fling is one I've been wanting to play. Vibram would next.

I would pick the Japan Open or a big event in either Europe or Australia/New Zealand.

Playing tournaments just over a year... The highlights have been the 2012 US Masters, 2013 Memorial, 2013 GBO, 2013 Am Worlds. Wanted to do Minnesota Majestic but couldn't.

Memorial was my favorite I think to play in, but GBO and AmWorlds had the best experience off the course. Emporia just does it right. Nothing like shutting down main street for a party including tossing plastic for 3+ blocks.

Beaver State Fling is supposed to tops on NT Tour.

My 2014 list is: Memorial, GBO, Majestic, AmWorlds, US Masters. That's of course is on top of all the local Disc Golf Monkey Tour stuff here in Missouri.

In 2015 I'm substituting BSF for one of these non-Worlds events.

If it's still going being offered: Kiss The Sky in Aspen Colorado

NT: Beaver State Fling I've heard nothing but praise for this tournament.

I forgot about GBO. I played it in 2012 and it was a blast. I may have to consider it. Memorial and GBO are tops right now. They are both within 10 hours of me, so that is a plus.

I have 3. I knocked Worlds off my list this year since it was in my home state, and stayed with my cousin :)

USDGC Open Division
Memorial Pro
Vibram Open Pro

Played the National Senior Games (the Senior Olympics) this year because I didn't have to qualify. It was a demonstration sport. Assuming it is picked up in 2015, I hope to actually qualify for that one.

Planning on going to Am Worlds in 2014 (already qualified). That will be my first week-long trip (did BG Ams the last two years).

I'm curious to hear what makes these 'bucket list' events stand out from others. Is it the course/challenge, the competition, the extras, the vibe? I like the pace of a nice A-tier, but am not a huge partier. Love the frills & giveaways, the side events for fun, having a lot of vendors 'competing' with each other for our business, etc. :D

If the old Gran Canyon course in Brooksville, FL is ressurrected again, it's top of my list.

This year it was re-opened just for two events, Pro & Am. There was at least a glimmer of hope that it could happen again. If it does, I'm there.

a Gran Canyon event would have to be it for me as well. I got to play the course this year through a bit of luck and that property is amazing. Vibram or a resurrected West Virginia Open would be up there as well but I work 7 days a week from April to Thanksgiving or so.

My current hope is to be able to play this year's Hawk Hollow Open though.

I've been very fortunate to get to play with a lot of top players in first rounds (and occasionally 2nd and 3rd rounds) like Feldberg, schusterick, McBeth, Rico, and then some. It's definitely one of the things that keeps me playing Open despite my lower level of play and improvement the last couple years.

I've rarely played open, and played with most of these guys. You can play with them almost whenever you want as they warm up before tournaments on the courses.

Latest posts