• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could play any tournament...

DiscNutt123

Double Eagle Member
...in 2014, which would it be? Basically any tournament (NTs, A-tiers, etc.) in the U.S. other than Worlds or USDGC. Something mainly for the experience and you don't have to qualify for. I know Worlds would be the best, but I just don't think I'll qualify. So where would you go and why?

minnesota majestic. :) never played a tournament before; would be cool to play in the biggest one in MN and really get my arse kicked to motivate me even more.

I havent played in any bigger tourneys yet so I'd like to play the Mad City Open since thats where I started my DG career. Madison just needs maybe one more nice course and it could be a major destination for Dgers. The 5 in the area (including Bird's Ruins) are very fun courses.

For me it's definitely a toss up between Vibram Open and Ozark in Gateway territory. They are both on my bucket list.

For myself, it would be the Memorial. I've visited those courses....I've been seeing pictures of it for almost 20 years.....but it's clear across the country, on a weekend that we have our local tournament, so chances I'll ever make it are about nil.

The Memorial is one high on my list, and its only 10 hours from me. And those are courses I think I could actually play well at.

Going somewhere that has a lot of great courses close by is important as well. I'd probably make a 10 day trip out of it.

I've heard really great things about the Beaver State Fling, and it's in one of the few parts of the country I haven't played yet.

If I had to pick just one I'd say the Vibram Open but my second choice would be the Memorial. After watching some of the Vibram coverage on live stream I really want to check it out. There seems to be a lot of great competition there & I feel I'd do fine b/c I'm so use to wooded holes living in WI.

If I had to pick just one I'd say the Vibram Open but my second choice would be the Memorial. After watching some of the Vibram coverage on live stream I really want to check it out. There seems to be a lot of great competition there & I feel I'd do fine b/c I'm so use to wooded holes living in WI.

Don't you have to qualify for the Vibram?

minnesota majestic. :) never played a tournament before; would be cool to play in the biggest one in MN and really get my arse kicked to motivate me even more.

Seconded. Played in 1998 and got my tourney stamped XL signed by Stokely. I'd like to make it my first tourney back after not playing for 13 years. Little bit of nostalgia.

Would also like to play KCWO. Those courses killed me at Worlds in 99 and I'd like to exact my revenge.

One of my goals for next year is to play the Memorial. I'll probably come in DFL, but the experience sounds like it's worth it.

One of my goals for next year is to play the Memorial. I'll probably come in DFL, but the experience sounds like it's worth it.

This is how I feel. I don't have any chance against the top pros in the world, I just want to experience it and maybe get on a card with McBeth or someone the first round haha.

This is how I feel. I don't have any chance against the top pros in the world, I just want to experience it and maybe get on a card with McBeth or someone the first round haha.

I've been very fortunate to get to play with a lot of top players in first rounds (and occasionally 2nd and 3rd rounds) like Feldberg, schusterick, McBeth, Rico, and then some. It's definitely one of the things that keeps me playing Open despite my lower level of play and improvement the last couple years.

I've been very fortunate to get to play with a lot of top players in first rounds (and occasionally 2nd and 3rd rounds) like Feldberg, schusterick, McBeth, Rico, and then some. It's definitely one of the things that keeps me playing Open despite my lower level of play and improvement the last couple years.

If I hadn't moved up to Open (which I did WAY early) I wouldn't be the player I am today. I love playing with others that take the game seriously. Not to say there aren't people like that in other divisions, but its definitely more prevalent in Open. I would be stoked to play with any of the top 10 guys. I'm really starting to lean toward the Memorial. Are there a lot of good courses near Fountain Hills? And what's the other course they play in the Memorial?