• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you had your own disc company how would you name your discs?

troyk

Innova started out with animals, mvp has electrical components/terms, westside has scandinavian history, etc.

Definitely a Christian theme. Although "Truth" is already taken.

I'd keep it simple and go along with how Discmania does theirs. Every name relates to what that disc would do

Maybe geography themed? Mountains and rivers things like that.

Mythical animals? "Should I throw my Bigfoot or Chupacabra? Maybe my Centaur?" The disc art on the Centaur would be sweet. I need that stamp!:D

Whatever names I chose, they would be meaningful and memorable. This means, I wouldn't give them horribly worthless names like the X72, the A2B8, the M3, the F4, the D1, the KQRP, the 1P8D34, etc.

I wouldn't like to meet the person who saw a D4 and said, "oooooh, THAT sounds like a fun disc to try!"

Last edited:
Not sure what theme I'd go with - but it'd be with the consideration that sweet stamps would match the name themes. So many disc buying choices are influenced by a sweet stamp.

I would name them colors, so when you go to the store you buy a red red, or a blue blue or a blue red and so on. Confused yet?

I'd name them so you'd never need a flight chart. You can tell what the disc is intended to just from the name.

Meathook Distance
Beefy Distance
Straight Distance
Noodle Arm Distance
Flippy as Hell Distance

Meathook Fairway
Beefy Fairway
Straight Fairway
Turnover Fairway
Flippy as Hell Fairway

Meathook Mid
Beefy Mid
Straight Mid
Turnover Mid
Flippy as Hell Mid

Beefy Putter
Butter Putter
Flippy Putter

I think the modifications to the same type of mold seems pretty cool...like the Roc3. maybe same rims or design with 3 given suffixes or even prefixes like overstable, straight, understable

keep it simple and personally I do like names instead of letters and numbers, I guess if you are a purist, names wouldn't matter just how it flies matters, that can be an advantage because some people associate Vikings with a girl disc when it might be a flight patter that you need for certain types of holes. Anyway, this is fun:

prefixes
O Destroyer...I threw my OD, or O Destroyer
S Destroyer
U Destroyer

suffixes
Destroyer O mold - I threw my DO
Destroyer S mold - I lost my beat in DO, so I had to buy a new DS to replace my beat in DO for the tourney (whatever)
Destroyer U mold

I'd name them after various illegal narcotics.

Smart businessmen know their target demographic.

Latest posts