• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If your bag was lost, what would you buy to play a tourney?

MVP Fission Wave in the mid 160s
Axiom Neutron insanity in mid 160s
Axiom Neutron Wrath in mid 160s

MVP Neutron resistor max weight

Axiom Neutron hex max weight
Axiom Neutron matrix max weight

MVP Neutron Ion max weight
MVP Electron anode max weight

I just checked. Apparently not only does the seller not take credit cards but apparently they don't stock Axiom/MVP.

Now what do you do?

And if this happens.....panic. I haven't followed many of the other brands stuff in so long..but. winging it,.it would probably be:

Discraft ESP Thrasher
Discraft Titanium Undertaker
Discraft ESP Raptor

Discraft ESP Buzzz
DGA proline Quake

DGA Breaker
Gateway Wizard x2

DX Classic Aviar
Zero Medium Pure
Z Sol
Z Zone
DX Roc
DX Valkryie
DX Wraith
Champ Firebird

I just checked. Apparently not only does the seller not take credit cards but apparently they don't stock Axiom/MVP.

Now what do you do?
K¹ Soft Berg
K¹ Soft Reko
K³ Reko
K¹ Svea
K¹ Kaxe Z
K¹ Lots
K¹ Stal
K¹ Grym

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Do I have to buy 8 or can I save some leftover money for lunch?

1 d steady
1 z comet
1 sp quake
1 lucid maverick
1 z predator
1 PL hurricane

Having a competent forehand makes this sort of selection a lot easier

Do I have to buy 8 or can I save some leftover money for lunch?

1 d steady
1 z comet
1 sp quake
1 lucid maverick
1 z predator
1 PL hurricane

Having a competent forehand makes this sort of selection a lot easier

I hope you don't lose your bag in a tournament around me. I've never even seen a DGA disc in real life.

Serious answer though:
Eraser (putt), SSSS (approach), Firm (drive) Wizards
Eraser, Firm Magics
Diamond Element
2 Diamond Spears because I'm sure I'll lose one

168g Star Destroyer.
170g FT Firebird.
172g SW or RR.
172g Champ Eagle.
180g Rancho Roc -- KC and DX.
175g JK AVR.

Oh snap, I've got money left for an extra disc! Probably get another Destro, because I'll lose that first.

Love this idea! I've thought about it quite a bit actually.

My list (all max weight):

putter line challenger
BT medium Harp
Dx roc
champion roadrunner
champion tl3
champion firebird
star destroyer
star tern

The first three are my workhorse disc when they are brand new, so it makes sense to have them in here. I add the tl3 to replace my beat teebird3, and i put the tern in to replace my beat destroyers. Never had a champ roadrunner, but i wanted a flippy fairway

I really like the spirit behind posts 16 and 20.

The lasts discs I got in a players pack were horrible though.

Playing three full rounds over a long weekend with a flippy distance driver and a premium plastic putter would have been a horrible experience.

Well, I only carry 6 discs, so, I guess I'd get a tasty snack with the leftover money?

The only one that would be kind of hard would be my putting putter, a very beat Med E Alien Envy. I don't like the feel of the new electron plastic. I guess I'd just go with 2 Eclipse Envies and putt with the lighter one and drive with the heavier one. Or maybe an Eclipse Proxy to replace the beat Envy for putting. Most of my other frisbees are pretty new right now so buying copies wouldn't be too hard. Oh, I guess except for the Resistor. The new ones aren't nearly as stable. Maybe a really light Fireball instead.

Try to snag my most-used go-tos, assuming mixed open & wooded play:

P Model S
Zone
Comet
Buzzz
Crave
Champ Thunderbird
Worn Star or Gstar Wraith
Pharaoh

I hope you don't lose your bag in a tournament around me. I've never even seen a DGA disc in real life.

They're carried locally so I think I'd be pretty safe in this theoretical situation.

I could make a load out that I could work with on just about any company lineup. 15 minutes of field work before hand and I bet I play close to where I would with my one bag. I probably wouldn't even buy 6 discs, it might even be 4-5.. Not sure if that says something good or bad about my game

In reality if my bag was stolen I'd probably just drop from the tournament because I'm not spending another $100 to play a mediocre round without my discs

Yeah I could see having to pick from discraft or innova.. Ive been disappointed by gyro offerings and other off brands out of a tent.

A lot of strategy buying beer, lunch and less discs. Kudos :D

The fresh teebird and sidewinder make me wonder... Haha I never had a fresh one I liked... Kinda like a fresh envy, even an electron soft takes a month or two to knock the new off.

QDraco/S FB 170+
M/S/QOLF or S/Pro Wraith 170+
M/S/QJLS or S/Pro Leopard 170+
S Roadrunner 170+
DX Roc 177+
S Rat 172+
QOmega4 or R-Pro Rhyno 172+
JK AviarX 175

I'd probably need to feel up a few of each driver available to pick discs based on feel. Weights are just what I'd normally throw so could drop down based on feel & availability. The Pro plastic discs could be tuned pretty quickly to get the less stable flights if needing less stable flights. Millennium is a bit scarce in certain areas but the Innova stuff should be around.

When I travel for work I tend to throw together a small bag of misfits from my storage stash instead of taking regular favorites. It's a similar exercise. Usually I'll shoot just as well with 6-8 discs that I've rarely/never thrown before. Just cover the major slots and don't pick anything too wildly different from what you throw, and it's fine.

If you're throwing unfamiliar discs, in my experience it's better to skew a little bit towards the overstable side. Nothing gets you into trouble quite like an unfamiliar, understable distance driver.

Latest posts