• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

They are definitely still OS in my opinion. Just not meat hooks.

I'm surprised the Gold Line Spark isn't getting more hype on here. I think they are easily the closest thing to a teebird that Latitude has ever put out. I picked one up 2 weeks ago and now I've added a few more and they are all nice and flat and the plastic feels awesome. I'm getting a laser straight flight with a solid hook up at the very end. Really excited to see how they beat in.

I personally prefer the feel and flight of a longbowman. Blunt edge and feels great in the hand. Flies straighter but still a very overstable finish. I carry 3, one meathook for forehands, one less overstable for backhands, one tp for straight shots.

I have the GL Spark, and to me its much more OS than a teebird.. maybe a brinster bird.. But yeah I prefer the longbowman more.

Not to beat up dave's disc anymore but the longb kicked the spark out. However, I still kept one of the first runs sparks for a collector and for hardcore windy fairway play.

The first run sparks were very unique in that manner. Actually, now that I think of it wish I would have kept both of them rather than just one.

I just got a goldline spark and I love it. Feels nice in the hand. Blunt like a XXX. I feel like if a teebird and Felon had a baby this would be it. The Felon is a good disc but I have always preferred the XXX. The only problem is the lack of distance sometimes. Now I feel like I have a disc that won't over glide but will still hook up reliably. Fits great with my PD, XXX, and FD lineup.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Felons and Retooled Sparks...?

I've been debating picking up a few recycled in different weights to get a cycle going. I do have one beat R. Spark and it flies similar to a beat Star Eagle-X I had. I am just wondering how much overlap I'll see with my beat Felons and fresh, max weight Recycled Sparks.... Any thoughts? Anyone carrying Felons and Recycled Sparks in the bag? Glad to be here! Thanks.

i still like the sparks, i dont have a cannon fo4 an arm and these are still my most controllable drivers. felon was too much beef, xxx was unconfortable to throw. these are the perfect blend of speed, stability and fade i was after.

What are you all throwing alongside your sparks for a more understable compliment?

I'm throwing s-line FDs for the understable side of speed 7. I got a fresh one for slightly understable and a super beat one for utility. They feel very different to the Spark, but I don't mind

i still like the sparks, i dont have a cannon fo4 an arm and these are still my most controllable drivers. felon was too much beef, xxx was unconfortable to throw. these are the perfect blend of speed, stability and fade i was after.

I haven't thrown a Spark, but have been wanting to... are you saying the stability of the Spark is such that it could compete with a XXX?? I always thought the Spark was "supposed to be" their version of the Teebird. In fact, I remember Feldberg in his last ITB video saying that hes got a lot of the teammates liking the Recycled Spark for that reason. Am I confusing it with something else?

The first run Opto Spark was really overstable. The Frost Moonshine is also really overstable

Last edited:
Personally I have a beat up Spark for that, but I used to throw an Inspire alongside my OS Sparks, which worked really well.

I am also throwing a nicely beat 168g Recycled spark in my cycle of 4-5 sparks for more understable duties. Then I have a VIP Underworld for utility flippy shots that I can't shape with my beat spark.

How are the recycled sparks beating in? Are they gaining more turn out losing the fade first?

My Recycled Spark has beat in beautifully, and is definitely a disc I use often. It has lost a goodd chunk of HSS and some LSS, so it flies on pretty much any line I put it on. I can hyzer-flip it to lazer straight with fade, hard and flat for some nice drifting turnovers that aren't going to get squirrely, anny it nicely with a little pan out at the end, and I use it for FH hyzer shots because I am not the most powerful with the FH. I have been loving it for FH on the hyzer because it gives me a really nice, glidey hyzer that holds well. It has become a definite workhorse in my bag. It really does it all, and I can count on its current stability to provide my with some very good options when choosing a line. When Feldberg talks about "disc integrity" in one of his ITB videos, this is a great example. Beating in a stable/OS disc to be more of a stable/US is a beautiful thing.

Check out Patrick Brown's in the bag that he did with Central Coast Disc Golf. It seems like he's using these Recycled Sparks as his Lat64 version of a Teebird cycle.

I haven't thrown a Spark, but have been wanting to... are you saying the stability of the Spark is such that it could compete with a XXX?? I always thought the Spark was "supposed to be" their version of the Teebird. In fact, I remember Feldberg in his last ITB video saying that hes got a lot of the teammates liking the Recycled Spark for that reason. Am I confusing it with something else?

the repro sparks fly like my 11x teebirds. laser beam straight touch of fade.

i have several different opto ones. a first run board flat meathook, one with a small shoulder, not as beefy but still os, one of the newer runs that flies like a bit more os teebird(newer ones anyway).

then there are the frost moonshine ones.... every bit as stable as a xxx and then some just a different feeling rim from felon's/xxx's (just my personal feelings about it)

for a while it was all the fairways i carried (and a hatchet/ or underworld depending on the hole layout)

but it's a new year and i still have them in my tourney bag, but giving mvp/axiom a go to see how they compare. so far, the volt surpasses all my distance drivers (I am touching 380 with them, my frost bolt goes this far hyzerflipped... these were thrown flat) so i may just be carrying volts, sparks a mid or two and a solace (or some other meathook beefcake thingy here) after my experiences with these discs. ymmv of course.

Latest posts