• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also talk of a blue level pay-to-play possibly going in at Camp Henry Horner just a few miles away. Chuck Kennedy working on that one as well.

Yeah I heard about that one.......hopefully that goes through, if so I'm moving up north (no joke)

There is also talk of a blue level pay-to-play possibly going in at Camp Henry Horner just a few miles away. Chuck Kennedy working on that one as well.
It's going to be a tricky design challenge based on what Brett and I tromped thru today. Interesting terrain, some undulations but flatter than Fairfield. Tough to get around and see routes due to thick brush in spots. Have to avoid building in potentially wet lowland spots similar to Fairfield. Nice new admin welcome building being built that will house pro shop. Overnight lodging onsite for 2-day tournaments will be reasonable for disc golf budgets with 3 meals estimated at $40-50/day per person and $25-$35 without meals.

It's going to be a tricky design challenge based on what Brett and I tromped thru today. Interesting terrain, some undulations but flatter than Fairfield. Tough to get around and see routes due to thick brush in spots. Have to avoid building in potentially wet lowland spots similar to Fairfield. Nice new admin welcome building being built that will house pro shop. Overnight lodging onsite for 2-day tournaments will be reasonable for disc golf budgets with 3 meals estimated at $40-50/day per person and $25-$35 without meals.

It's a shame the land isn't there for a gold level course! That would be quite a destination. Then again, Squaw Creek combined with Henry Horner would make for a sweet venue for an A-tier.

I'm done playing sanctioned competition golf with snowy, icy, wet n' slushy tees.

i am with you on this one, i cant get past the mental part of planting on them, in two weeks there is an ice bowl at the course behind my house and i am not sure if i will play it even though i have always wanted to play a sanctioned event that i could walk to 5 minutes before the players meeting..

Squaw Creek combined with Henry Horner would make for a sweet venue for an A-tier.

Yes please!!!! :D

Very happy to see that I will not have to drive more than 10 minutes to find a quality disc golf course in the very near future. :thmbup:

Absolutely a solid course....easily one of the best around here.

5 of us + my dog made the trip down there and to LL on Monday. I will certainly head back to RLW in the summer months to take another look and play the "complete" course without icy teepads. Here is a pic from Hole #24....

attachment.php

Such a good course! It is beautiful there in the summer

What town do you live in again?
The Gf really wants to buy... But Id rather keep renting till we get married or actually decide which area we wanna settle down in for the next 15+ years

Either way, needs to be no more than 10 mins from a good course. :)

Also anyone want to go play Batavia today? I'm thinking about heading out there about noonish

mAtt, I Already got plans for klm for the day with a couple ppl. If u Or anyone else is in the area or wants to join up for some rounds. Shoot me a pm! Will be there till 430ish

Status
Not open for further replies.