• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im rec @ 885. consistently inconsistent

I just renewed my membership and Im curious to see my past rounds. I had a DNF on there that Im waiting for to drop off. Do you know if they keep the best 10 rounds (as an example) and drop the worse ones, or do they cycle out the bad ones as newer better rounds are scored?

Rough day for disc golf!

Drove an hour and a half to play only to have the TD fold the INT division into ADV.

Congrats to JRocks and TheArnoldPalmer, though! They overcame the last second switcharoo and still cashed! (Did you guys hold on to win??)

Ya that was kinda bunk how they do that intermediate thrown into advanced garbage.

We still ended up 4 strokes behind the winners for a 4th place. Was fun and dan got his first ace ever In a tourney.

I'm definitely down for trinity. Everyone come
Out and play- the more the merrier!

Ya that was kinda bunk how they do that intermediate thrown into advanced garbage.

We still ended up 4 strokes behind the winners for a 4th place. Was fun and dan got his first ace ever In a tourney.

I'm definitely down for trinity. Everyone come
Out and play- the more the merrier!

Dang. -15 down only got 4th? That's crazy!

I played with Dan second round. He was so stoked about that ace he didn't even mind getting stuck in my group! I'm happy for him, he was long overdue!

Im rec @ 885. consistently inconsistent

I just renewed my membership and Im curious to see my past rounds. I had a DNF on there that Im waiting for to drop off. Do you know if they keep the best 10 rounds (as an example) and drop the worse ones, or do they cycle out the bad ones as newer better rounds are scored?

I wasn't sure, but this is what the PDGA site says:

How is your rating calculated?

All rated rounds you have played and have been reported to the PDGA within 12 months of your most recently rated round will be included in the calculation. However, if any one of those ratings is either more than 100 points below your average rating or more than 2.5 standard deviations below your rating – whichever number is smaller – that round will not be included. That works out to about 1 in 50 rounds getting dropped. Rounds where you DNF (Do Not Finish) are never counted in your rating. The most recent 25% of your rounds get double weighted which slightly boosts your rating if you have been steadily improving. If a player has fewer than 8 rounds in the past 12 months, since their most recent round, then we'll go back up to another 12 months until we find up to 8 rounds but never go back any farther than a total of 24 months.

Ive played trinity 2x times my entire disc golf career lol. It is a great course to boost your rating besides if you play like you did at Channy. You will bump up to advance in no time :hfive:

had the worst spit out on hole 2 at highland today. it stalled out in the air and drop against the chains into the basket. I go to ^5 my partner since it was about a 45ft putt for a deuce and by the time I was running to the basket to clear it, it was on the ground...we finished one out of the money today

over $325 going into next weeks ace pot at trinity!

Hilarious about the Lemon Lake Doubles on Saturday. They can't do anything right there. The "Rec" team that won had a guy that is definitely an ADV level player.

Hilarious about the Lemon Lake Doubles on Saturday. They can't do anything right there. The "Rec" team that won had a guy that is definitely an ADV level player.

I played Rec at the frozen tundra last year and played against 2 Adv players. :| I've come to accept my 850 rating and these two a$$hats felt the need to play against competition that is rated 125 points below theirs.

You should've seen the winning scores at the Champaign Ice Bowl on Saturday :)

Winning REC score: 51
Winning ADV score: 50
Winning OPEN score: 52

The winning team in open would not have won either rec or advanced. :popcorn:

5odHxJc.jpg

Come to Michigan man. I played Flip City and Rec winning was like +1 on the day. That same day, a dude played Rec with a PDGA rating of 899, and still only took 3rd shooting a +2 and a +4. I should be in novice but no one even has it.

It seems like the doubles tournaments seem to have a lot of these kind of issues, it's a tough thing to police especially if the TD isn't willing to stand up to locals he/she knows are playing well below where they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts