• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innova had huge stacks of all their speed 11+ drivers, especially blizzard stuff, so you could grab a stack and throw a bunch in a row.

Nice, that's badass.

80 degrees and sunny today in Bowling Green, I won something in the Pandamonium Discs CTP contest (not sure what). I got a couple throws out to 475'ish in the distance competition, but it took 520' to qualify for the finals and 541' to win it.

Who took the distance comp.........Horsman?

Steven Jacobs from Gurnee took second with 537'. So close! Steven is a monster when it comes to throwing hyzers, so the hyzer-favorable wind makes sense.

In other long drive news, I finally deuced 12 at Fairfield today! Threw the drive about 500' to the circle's edge and made my putt.

Then proceeded to miss 13 :p

^^I knew steven had an arm, but I didn't know he could throw over 500. Thats awesome.......and since we are bragging about tough deuces. I parked 14's long at Oswego after a sweet ace run on 13's long with a teebird. 12 at Fairfield is a sweet deuce man!

Steven can definitely pop those hyzers. I have seen him throw about 500 with the disc never getting above 5ft off the ground. He can really mash sometimes. He started throwing far last summer. The kid is going to be a beast once he gets older. He's still in high school!

The wind was funky, so most of the high distance lines weren't working out well, Steven was throwing golf lines that never got above 15-20', beautiful hyzer flips down the middle of the fairway and still pumping them way out there. Of the guys in the finals he was one of the most consistent.

I confused Oswego with Channahon when you first said you parked 14 long. I was like damn, that's not bad. I only deuced that hole once, but it wasn't from a park job.

What did you throw on 14 long at Oswego? I usually pop a Comet around the gap and get up for a short pitch up but I've never parked it. I only play that course casually about once a year, so I don't get to throw there outside of tournaments much. I would never try to run a deuce on 14 long in a tournament there :)

I threw a ce valk......I usually aim for that gap on the right as well, but Ive played it so many times that when I throw a mid and play it safe I still usually end up in the same general area as when a throw a driver. I figure as long as I can get to that area with all the trees by the gap I can usually 3 it.....so why not just go for it. I'm not gonna say there wasn't any luck involved, but thats another story. ;)

It's a scary hole for people that don't play the course much. I've played enough tight courses where I know to just look at my line, and throw it... But too many people let those guardian trees get in their head. I like that hole.

Good luck at BG today matt, wish I could join you, but instead I got to play hawk hallow and idlewild this week, so I'm not complaining. Have you played hawk hallow Matt?

Good luck at BG today matt, wish I could join you, but instead I got to play hawk hallow and idlewild this week, so I'm not complaining. Have you played hawk hallow Matt?

No, I really want to get to the spotsylvania courses, are you playing the Blockhouse too?

Damn that's some distance... Was mr Jacobs throwing blizzard to reach those distances for 2nd place? Same with 1st place?

All the top guys were throwing blizzard stuff I believe, I know the top two were.

Damn that's some distance... Was mr Jacobs throwing blizzard to reach those distances for 2nd place? Same with 1st place?

Steve doesn't throw Blizzard. He throws Katanas and Destroyers for distance. For his 537' shot he threw his beat farting lemon Katana. He said his echo star Katana and his sparkle Destroyer got about as far as well.

He was throwing a bunch of blizzard in qualifiers at least, he kept stealing from the stack of bosses I put by the tee for myself :p

You really need to get out to hawk hollow, it is phemonal. But play it with someone that knows the course. I played the blockhouse as well. I put hawk hollow ahead of idlewild actually, it's an amazing course

Anybody playing in Northern Illinois this Saturday morning?

By tomorrow, i mean tomorrow. So saturday morning. Any league action around town?

Saturday morning random draw doubles league is active year round regardless of weather at Fairfield DGC. Tee time is 11:00--11:10 am...20 holes. There are usually enough people that hang around for a 2nd round...sometimes even a 3rd.

The cost is $5 + optional $1 ace. IIRC, the current ace pot is around 15.

Let me know if you need any additional info. I am planning to be there tomorrow. :)

In other long drive news, I finally deuced 12 at Fairfield today! Threw the drive about 500' to the circle's edge and made my putt.

Then proceeded to miss 13 :p

That was one awesome deuce!

I'm sorry I was unable to help w/ the putting game last night. :doh:

Still had fun tho. :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts