• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

It's a bummer Fairfield is not going to be finished this year. The park district is working on completing as much of the projects as possible this fall. The tee pads are fantastic. I've been throwing the course and it's going to be a really good one. No course compares to it in the Chicago Area. Local players who know the course well are going to have a ton of options on what layout, tees, & pins they want to play. Bart Scott voice on "Can't wait!".
1005004_10151970452742390_252153718_n.jpg

I finally had a chance to check out Squaw Creek Gold yesterday before league. WOW! I've never been so happy to live here!!! :D

I'm not sure I will ever be able to adequately thank you, Chuck and the Round Lake Area Park District for making this happen in my backyard. :thmbup:

Jason. The course is looking awesome. You caught a perfect time to check it out too. They just finished the final clearing on gold holes 10 to 14. Can't wait for next year!

1390620_10151995569687390_1597332382_n.jpg

This morning I was grabbing my bag to hit Marilla before the storms moved in, and then the tornado sirens went off.
Hope everyone is okay.
Okay here but eerie, there is debris from who knows where all around my neighborhood. Pieces of houses from miles and miles away. I've found pieces of siding, a 2'x2' piece of garage/shed wall, carpet padding, insulation, a section of gutter that appeared to be inside out.
Scary day. 2010 tornado went right through town about 1/4 mile south of me, no damage, no debris. This one missed more to south, about 4 miles I think but left debris from likely at least 10-15 miles away.

Fairfield is looking awesome. Can't wait for 2014!

This is hole #7 Gold tee. It's a 545 foot par 4. The farther you can get around the corner and up the hill the better. Creek comes into play on this hole. Tricky elevation change in the center of the fairway.
995877_10151973088857226_313493417_n.jpg

The picture is taken from the small hill in the center of the fairway. It's looking back towards the tee of both Gold & White. The Gold tee is way back to the left and you can see a creek that comes into play. The White tee is on top of the hill.

1456792_10151973111857226_607521954_n.jpg

That looks awesome, it'll be really fun to have wooded higher par holes in the chicago area. Can't wait to come back and check it out! :thmbup:

No specific plans yet, but we'll probably be back for a visit sometime in the summer next year.

Looks like a DGCR reunion not forget your travel tag.
Congrats on your wedding in December.

fvm is working on moving the pin placement for 17 at eagle ridge back farther into the woods today. They will most likely be getting rod of the mando too once they do this. Anybody playing next week any time? I have to work Monday and Wednesday but i have Tuesday and Friday off and I definitely wanna play some more before the white stuff lands on the ground!

^did they clear a route straight at it or is it just gonna be a longer bigger hyzer?

^did they clear a route straight at it or is it just gonna be a longer bigger hyzer?

Longer bigger. Relative to the tee, the new position is maybe 80' left and 5' deeper than the current position. There are a couple of bigger trees that complicate spiking one all the way in but it's probably doable, getting knocked down might still leave you with a putt. Lower route from the existing pin position is a bit weedy still, enough that most folks will probably go over rather than through on approach but I can't argue with John's decision to leave it a little thick to be cleaned up later should it prove desirable.

I believe there will still be a mando on 17 from not only from the short tee, but also for the long tee. From the long the mando will be the big tree by the short tee pad. This is to avoid discs stalling into 18's fairway when playing the long tee.

I tried spiking a destroyer into it from the short and still hiting the mando, but i only ended up at the old pin placement. Its an easy 3 if you can reach the old placement but it is a hard 2 in my opinion especially if they keep the mando.

I was also told that we were going to be moving the mando to the tree dirrectly to the left of the short pad and making that a mando only from the longs. They are doing that because people usually take the over route from the longs and they dont want anyone getting hurt since the new placement is closer to 18s fairway. The basket hasnt been moved yet but it really looks awesome how it is all set up so far.

They will be most likely cutting down some of the dead trees that are in the way for the dirrect shot but I am not sure when they will be doing this

Latest posts