• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

DISContinuum is donating a few practice baskets to the Fairfield Park District. Here is a picture. Please consider joining the club. We've spent a few thousand dollars on upgrades at Bevier Park in Waukegan as well. Any support would be appreciated.
1014171_10151750674362390_1108228461_n.jpg

DISContinuum is donating a few practice baskets to the Fairfield Park District. Here is a picture. Please consider joining the club. We've spent a few thousand dollars on upgrades at Bevier Park in Waukegan as well. Any support would be appreciated.

does this mean the course is about to go in at fairfield?

I went back and threw a couple of the fairways beyond the creek the other weekend. Those fairways are just what this area needed. No tees and no baskets but its definitely throwable!:thmbup:

I can't wait until this place opens.:)

I was out there this week and no work has been done for the new tee pads so I'd assume it's going to be a while still. The last time I checked in they said tee pad work would begin in August.

I was out there this week and no work has been done for the new tee pads so I'd assume it's going to be a while still. The last time I checked in they said tee pad work would begin in August.

So that means they will probably start the tees by November?

Do you think they are going to wait on moving the baskets until all of the teepads are finished?

I believe all of the new sleeves are now in place.

Do you think they are going to wait on moving the baskets until all of the teepads are finished?

Sleeves are in place, but there are many areas in the woods where the greens still need to be cleared out. The trees to be removed are all marked, but who knows when they'll do it. So far they've been behind on every date they spit out which is why I didn't believe the August comment above.

Although I'm just as eager as eveyone else to play the new fairfield/squawcreek course, I hope they wait to put in baskets until everything else is done.

I want to play Fairfield when I come nearby for Outlaw; end of September!!! Hey #19325; you need to use your new, impressive; diamond status to move things along!!! :)

From the E-mail the park district made it sound like they were going to complete the clearing that needed to be done then complete the tee pads prior to moving the baskets. Who knows how long that is going to take. Realistically it's only a few days worth of work. Several for the park district to do the minor clearing and a few days for the concrete crew to do the pads. It's all paid labor that they've budgeted for. Chuck said he was planning on visiting the area around August 23rd so hopefully he can get it rolling.

i heard it was going to be a rec course, sounds cool regardless