• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

There has been various comments on Facebook, but only tidbits here and there. I have not seen the new locations yet myself.

Bionic, I played highland last week and there were quite a few new basket placements.
I'm trying to remember which holes but this is the best I can remember. Holes #3,4,8,10,13, and 18 all have alternate positions and are in them right now. Hole 16 is now completely new. Both the teepad and basket have been moved to the top of the hill to the right of where the old hole was. It is alot longer now and the basket all the way down to the right of 17s teepad.

LIS: SOHO Open - June 6th B-tier Springfield, IL

This is the last weekend to register for the upcoming June 6th SoHo B-tier which is part of the Ledgestone Series and have the $5.00 registration fee waived...

iRegisteredOnline.com is where to register... Players Pack to include no less than... A Custom Stamped Legacy Disc, A 6-color Printed Shirt, A new Custom Stamped T-Box and Dinner and Music Passes for Saturday Night's SoHo Music Festival... $500 added Cash for the Pro Divisions and $500 added Value for the AM Divisions...

Terry is waiving the registration fees of $5.00 thru Sunday night so if you know you are coming please register before then and save some money for a san'mich....

11218834_1584369445157564_5493625791009955596_n_original.jpg

Can't make it to the event this weekend but you are a Legacy Fan? The players pack shirt is available for pre-order... Paragon Disc Golf has teamed up with Legacy Discs for our 2nd Annual Disc golf event. We wanted to thank Legacy by making one of the coolest players pack shirts ever for an event. Specially for all you Illinois players. But since our tournament is limited is size we talked with Legacy about doing a limited run of these for pre-sale only. So this is only available to order until Friday night, June 5th. SO order now. These will be printed on Next level poly cotton soft tees. Orders will be shipped Monday, June 8th.

http://paragon.storenvy.com/collect...682-legacy-discs-illinois-tee-limited-edition

Willow Stream in Buffalo Grove is getting a partial redesign, though from the looks of things it's not an improvement design-wise. Had a nice chat with the park foreman. He forgot to look before driving around a corner into the fairway and I caught him square in the windshield with a tee shot. He took it in good humor.

Last edited:
Willow Stream in Buffalo Grove is getting a partial redesign, though from the looks of things it's not an improvement design-wise. Had a nice chat with the park foreman. He forgot to look before driving around a corner into the fairway and I caught him square in the windshield with a tee shot. He took it in good humor.

I talked to the design architect on the phone last year. I gave some suggestions to use the middle wooded section. I offered to come out and advise for free. They didn't take me up on the offer.

The construction has been delayed due to funding the last I heard.

The OSLAD program, a 50/50 sharing grant between the state and local agencies, is effectively discontinued. OSLAD was a significant part of the reason for the number of courses built in Illinois over the past ten or so years. The State has frozen the funds awarded last year, leaving the local agencies with the entire tab should they be able to proceed. The parks guy I spoke with in Buffalo Grove mentioned that they were fortunate enough to have the resources to finish the project without the portion the state had promised.

What will really hurt is if the proposed property tax freeze is voted in. Park Districts are highly dependent on the property tax levy, with limited alternate resources to generate income. It is true that Illinois does have high property tax rates but what the tax freeze proponents don't mention is that this is a result of Illinois having one of the lowest rates in the US of state contributory funding to local entities. This is right up there with pushing the lottery through saying it would be used to fund schools, then stripping the original funding for the schools to be used elsewhere, replacing rather than adding.

The Sinnissippi Open in Sterling, IL is this weekend June 27 & 28 depending on what division you play. Two 1 day events.

Check out the event page on Facebook for recent updates.
https://www.facebook.com/events/433205236843210/

Here is coverage of the 2nd round last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAoq-MIKxJE

If you plan to play please preregister. Tournaments have been near capacity this year in Illinois. Over the past 3 years this event has had totals of 169, 170, & 156 players. Max of 96 players per day.

$500 added to Open Division. Awesome payouts at CTP's for Amateurs.
Check out illinoisopenseries.com for more details.

I talked to the design architect on the phone last year. I gave some suggestions to use the middle wooded section. I offered to come out and advise for free. They didn't take me up on the offer.

Was there last Saturday. It was heartbreaking. Hopefully they are not done moving the baskets yet. The next time I plan on going there will be to bring my kid to the new playground where they cut down all the trees on the bad hyzer route on the old hole 9. At least that looked pretty awesome for a 2 year old.

The Annies Woods four hole course in DeKalb will be pulled shortly. I can't shed tears over this one as four years back, my first interaction with the local park district was to advise them to not install the course owing to design deficiencies. The design created a number of unnecessary potential user conflicts and was too close to the property line in several places. The neighbors were unhappy with all the play drifting into their backyards, one basket was ~10' in front of the property line on a short downhill. The owner of that yard is a good guy, I've spoken with him, but there are limits to reasonable and when someone knocked on his door asking to climb on the roof of his house to retrieve a disc, those limits were passed.

So what is the dealio there in DeKalb these days? Is there no park between the DeKalb and Sycamore Park Districts with enough land to do an actual disc golf course? All DeKalb has ever tried is shoving baskets into small busy parks where they ought not be. The Sycamore Park District you would think would love to do something better than DeKalb if they had the land anywhere to do it. It just seems like such a no-brainer that disc golf would do well in that area. Is this just another example of all the good land for disc golf being owned by the Forest Preserve? Or is there some other issue there?

Hi, Illinois and nearby golfers. Does anyone know of a golf course in Illinois converted to disc golf that serves alcohol? We have a venue that is looking for precedents. Thanks.

Last edited:
Illinois Open Series #72 @ Round Lake is quickly approaching on August 8th & 9th.
Come play Fairfield White & Squaw Creek Gold. Currently ranked #1 for Illinois on DGCR.
Here is what players have been shooting on the gold layout all summer. Hot round is 53.
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/20554
$324 ace pool rolling into Saturday and will easily be over $400+ that day.
$500 added cash all going to MPO
Amateur B-Tier with CTP's round 2.
Registrations are rolling in as one of the best in the world has registered. Latitude 64 sponsored John E McCray will be playing. Find more about John E ---> http://www.johnemccraytour.com
More info at illinoisopenseries.com
Field limited to 95 players each day.
Saturday Registrations
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/20134
Sunday Registrations
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/20141

Hi, Illinois and nearby golfers. Does anyone know of a golf course in Illinois converted to disc golf that serves alcohol? We have a venue that is looking for precedents. Thanks.

Pine Hills in Ottawa, IL, perhaps?

Latest posts