• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Are the mosquito's still super bad at round lake? Thinking about taking the little guy with us sometime this week.

Are the mosquito's still super bad at round lake? Thinking about taking the little guy with us sometime this week.

As of last Wednesday, they were still super horrible. They have seemed to get worse and worse all year. I'm covering myself in DEET and wearing a mosquito head net. Still coming home with bites through my shirt and pant legs.

I took the boys (3 and 2 year olds) out there on Sunday. Mosquitoes were bad, but not as bad as they were during the tourney. Wife was not super happy about all of the bite marks, but they had a ton of fun anyways. :thmbup:

BLIND BEAVER 2

Another glow Event at Bevier Park, in Waukegan, September 19! Bring Your Own Partner- 20 Bucks Per Team. Player sign-up 6-7pm. Just mids and Putters

Hopefully Pine Hills will be playable by 10/1. I've got the first 17 laid out for them to set up. Expect minor changes and always call ahead to make sure its playable before driving. 815-434-3985

Hey guys! I have been away from this site for a long time. I come back looking for some help. Yesterday at Gray Fox I lost one of my favorite discs. It is pictured below and is one of my personal dye jobs. It did not have my name or number on it :wall:. It was lost in plain sight it is in a Y of a tree directly above the middle of hole 7's fairway. My friends and I spent two hours throwing sticks at the damn thing and it would not budge. If found or freed from it's resting place please return. It is a one of a kind dye so it is easy to spot. The dye is a little faded as this pic was taken about 3 years ago right after it was dyed.

banshee1.jpg

Has anybody played the course at Wildlife Prairie Park outside of Peoria? Says the course was built in 2010 but this is the first I've seen anything about it. Pictures look like it's solid and I know there is great land out there. With this, Megiddo and Sunset in Pekin the Peoria area has really grown into a nice little hotspot for DG.

Sandy Point

Anyone here been to Sandy Point? Heading up there in a few weeks and thinking about stopping at Rollin Ridge or Silver Creek on the way back. Any suggestions? We probably will not have time to play both after leaving Sandy Point on Sunday.

Has anybody played the course at Wildlife Prairie Park outside of Peoria? Says the course was built in 2010 but this is the first I've seen anything about it. Pictures look like it's solid and I know there is great land out there. With this, Megiddo and Sunset in Pekin the Peoria area has really grown into a nice little hotspot for DG.

Thanks for posting this.

I'll be in Peoria this weekend for a wedding on Saturday and the gf has set aside Sunday for discin' so I don't lose my mind (she's a keeper). :p

I'll be sure to hit it up if at all possible!

Anyone here been to Sandy Point? Heading up there in a few weeks and thinking about stopping at Rollin Ridge or Silver Creek on the way back. Any suggestions? We probably will not have time to play both after leaving Sandy Point on Sunday.

If pressed for time, I suggest Silver Creek longs. That's a real solid course.

Normally, I'd say Rollin' Ridge....BUT, if pressed for time you'll be doing yourself a disservice by not spending a leisurely day at the Ridge (it really shines with all the multiple tees/baskets/choices). The Ridge is a whole day experience sort of thing. Plus, it's gotten *crazy busy* in recent times, so rounds go looong there.

Save Rollin' Ridge for when you can really really enjoy it! :)

If pressed for time, I suggest Silver Creek longs. That's a real solid course.

Normally, I'd say Rollin' Ridge....BUT, if pressed for time you'll be doing yourself a disservice by not spending a leisurely day at the Ridge (it really shines with all the multiple tees/baskets/choices). The Ridge is a whole day experience sort of thing. Plus, it's gotten *crazy busy* in recent times, so rounds go looong there.

Save Rollin' Ridge for when you can really really enjoy it! :)

Thanks man! We might leave Sandy Point early Sunday morning to head down to Rollin Ridge...still in the early planning stages for this road trip.

I'd hit RR every time before Silver Creek.

You could also hit Stoney Creek in Fredonia. Don't even attempt to judge it by the rating/pictures on the site. It's been completely redone, and they're waiting until it's finished to update it here. It will be a top 5 WI course when it's done. Water, hills, par 4's. It's absolutely wonderful.

Not sure why the course built date is 2010. It's still a work in progress and as of a few weeks ago not all of the pads were in yet. The rough is...rough as it is with any new course. Use the map that's in the links/files section to help you navigate. That map was current as of early 2015 not sure what all has changed since that map was created.

Last edited:
I'd hit RR every time before Silver Creek.

You could also hit Stoney Creek in Fredonia. Don't even attempt to judge it by the rating/pictures on the site. It's been completely redone, and they're waiting until it's finished to update it here. It will be a top 5 WI course when it's done. Water, hills, par 4's. It's absolutely wonderful.

Thank you! Looks like we are going to play a round at Rollin Ridge on the way back from Sandy Point...of course depending on how early we can wake up and hit the road.

Not sure why the course built date is 2010. It's still a work in progress and as of a few weeks ago not all of the pads were in yet. The rough is...rough as it is with any new course. Use the map that's in the links/files section to help you navigate. That map was current as of early 2015 not sure what all has changed since that map was created.

Thanks for that info, Roman! :thmbup:

Thank you! Looks like we are going to play a round at Rollin Ridge on the way back from Sandy Point...of course depending on how early we can wake up and hit the road.

Post in here about what weekend you're going...I tend to be out there on Sunday mornings!

Latest posts