• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Watch out for bees in the wood pile on 6. My buddy got stung 6 times on Tues night. The hive was closer towards the basket.

I enjoyed the new layout at Oak Brook. Definitely a tough challenge. The course info page has 3D Design listed as one of the designers. It's obvious after playing the course that Dan Dalziel of 3D had no influence on this course at all thank goodness!!!

I enjoyed the new layout at Oak Brook. Definitely a tough challenge. The course info page has 3D Design listed as one of the designers. It's obvious after playing the course that Dan Dalziel of 3D had no influence on this course at all thank goodness!!!

......Thank you.......

The 3 designers involved and their friends and family know what really happened out there. Thats all that really matters. Midwest Disc golf will never end their delusional tirade of sending manipulative and dishonest emails to the powers that be.....(I've finally learned to accept that). Hopefully Dan would be man enough to not take credit for the design. Although he deserves all the respect in the world for putting up with the drama and generously donating the paver tees. I do thank him for that, he is a good guy and means well, but he has no business designing courses until he has a better understanding of the game.

P.S. for all those aspiring to design courses.......I wouldn't lean towards design by committee, it can work in some cases but not in all. (That honestly isn't a bitter comment by any means, just advice).

I apologize for any harm this post may cause anyone, but I just can't sit here like this anymore and not say anything.

he is a good guy and means well, but he has no business designing courses until he has a better understanding of the game.

P.S. for all those aspiring to design courses.......I wouldn't lean towards design by committee, it can work in some cases but not in all. (That honestly isn't a bitter comment by any means, just advice).
QUOTE]

Dan is definitely a very nice guy but has no clue about disc golf. He designed the former Grayslake course which was immediately redesigned. He also designed Antioch which could be considered one of the worst 18 hole courses in the Chicagoland Area. I attempted to get the job done correctly but it did not work.

I couldn't agree more on design by committee. I have had a couple of offers from park districts to work with others and I've turned them down.

Thanks again. I thought Central Park was a good course before but this one is way more interesting. One of the best 9's in Illinois. Hole 9 is awesome!

Agreed. Played it yesterday and that is a great 9 hole course. It's the best 9 hole I've played with the exception of one in Wisconsin I've played called the brickyard. Great job to all involved.

I'm bummed to see that Wild West in Joliet this weekend is doing MA1 and MA2 on Saturday, with everything else relegated to Sunday.

I suppose that split does allow certain "doubling", but I've grown very comfortable with one of MA3 on Saturday, and the other on Sunday, so that I can join at least one of them on the Saturday :(

I may head out to Peru instead. But, it's a longer drive, and the time zone change means a much earlier start.

And, I wish these Indiana guys would coherently offer MA4! On the (very limited, near as I can tell) publicity material for the Pieradise Open they even mention "Novice". But, I'm 85% sure that when they say it, they mean MA3.

Rogers Lakewood is a really fun course. All the courses at Lemon Lake are currently in the worlds layouts, so if that interests you it's a pretty cool stop.

Do we know how long they plan to leave them in world's format? I guess Super White's probably the most vulnerable?

And, in other news... is Red Roc's website _and_ facebook page gone?

I suppose there's probably a thread discussing the latest gossip from Red Roc some place.

Good luck working with Red Roc/Lemon Lake; that seems like a total cluster**** right now. Even before all the drama it was tough to find info, now it's got to be nearly impossible.

Maybe try messaging Bart on here... otherwise... ???

Good luck working with Red Roc/Lemon Lake; that seems like a total cluster**** right now.

Yeah, I go back and forth about how much I should care. It's not my club, but it's the next club over. And, the biggest thing going on in the region. And one of ~3 groups (loosely, regionally, defined in my own head) in the area that hosts a good number of tournaments.

It's farther than I like to drive on a regular basis, so it's not like I plan to get personally involved... But, as somebody living and playing in the region, I do sort of feel like a stakeholder.

Does anyone know if the Peru courses were damaged by that tornado that rolled through a while back?

I'm working off hearsay, so sorry I can't be more specific. Maybe two, three weeks ago? North side of Peru, apparently. That's what I got. :)

Ah, well, I just meant good luck getting any good information.

I can't say much about the club itself, except they allow waaaaay too much bagging at their doubles tourneys. :)

Does anyone know if the Peru courses were damaged by that tornado that rolled through a while back?

Ah? News to me.

I do see
http://fox59.com/2013/08/08/peru-continues-rebuilding-one-month-after-ef-1-tornado/#axzz2ccwF2hIh
on the recovery.

The EF-1 tornado zigzagged through town the afternoon of July 10, cutting a path miles long from one side of town to the other.

We might need a local, or someone who's been through, to tell us more about the effect on disc golf, if any.

The Peru Club tournament was scheduled August 4 at Honey Bear Hollow DGC, and the last of the NISS is on for this weekend at Pieradise. So, likely at least those two courses weren't too badly effected. (For Pieradise, they are apparently playing only 20. So, I _suppose_ something might have happened to other holes. But, I'm way out on a limb here.)

The Peru guys seems to have a lot going on, but if they have an electronic presence I've never found it.

Peru guys are on here and there, I think most of them are lurkers...?

1069892_594445030595190_528330314_n.jpg

That's the damage path of the July 11th tornado. Looks like the tail end of it went right over Maconaquah Park, so I'm assuming that course got affected in some way.

Honey Bear and Pieradise were not hit.

Nice graphic! And analysis.

They apparently just got new baskets, too... (They were getting pretty old, indeed.) No condition update since the tornado.

Wow, thanks for the weather graphic, Roman! :hfive:

Can't get much clearer than that. Hope none of the new baskets at Maconaquah were damaged. Ditto the trees.