• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Anyone have parking info, tips, or advice for Pieradise? It sounds like parking's limited, and I won't have so much time before the player's meeting.

It's been a while...

There is a loooooooooong driveway to get back to the house, some of which is in play on the course. If they run out of parking on the back end, it might be a bit of a walk. No idea really, just postulating.

Here is a map that shows one of the layouts:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_files/1682/13255d2f.pdf

Yeah, never been there for a tourney...but I can't imagine the parking situation is good.

Maybe all the locals carpool???

I did get a reply by PM - the gist, for me, was

"It's not a problem during tournaments. Al usually has a couple of guys working parking."

I think I'm willing to put my faith in Al and his volunteers. At least at the Circus City Open, last year, they seemed to have a good crew.

I did get a reply by PM - the gist, for me, was

"It's not a problem during tournaments. Al usually has a couple of guys working parking."

I think I'm willing to put my faith in Al and his volunteers. At least at the Circus City Open, last year, they seemed to have a good crew.

are you thinking about playing the tourney? I kind of have the urge to go play somewhere out of state this weekend, I can't make up my mind on where to go. I was debating crashing that tournament and playing it blind.

I don't think you'd have much of a problem playing it blind. The layout I played (I guess the different layouts change things up quite a bit) was mostly straightforward, some interesting lines but nothing all that tricky.

If you do head down there, it might be worth sticking around for a couple of the other courses around there. They're old school par 3 courses, but there are some really fun putter shots at a few of those Peru area courses.

We'll see. I'm also debating Michigan... Mad City sounds tempting as well since those courses are probably all still manicured from the recent A-tier. St. Louis has a bunch of new courses I haven't played yet.

You should go by the QCA and see how many niners you can play in one day. :|

You should go by the QCA and see how many niners you can play in one day. :|

nah-man.gif

played skare park 2day and had a blast! great course in a small park!

Glad you enjoyed it. The course is located on a 13 acre portion of a 350+ acre park. The park district is testing the waters with this initial nine, seeing how it is received by the neighbors and the community. So far the reception has been overwhelmingly positive. If all continues well, next step will be hard surface, level tees. Following that would be expansion to 18 and then potentially 27 holes with the intent of each subsequent expansion being a step up in degree of challenge.

Glad you enjoyed it. The course is located on a 13 acre portion of a 350+ acre park. The park district is testing the waters with this initial nine, seeing how it is received by the neighbors and the community. So far the reception has been overwhelmingly positive. If all continues well, next step will be hard surface, level tees. Following that would be expansion to 18 and then potentially 27 holes with the intent of each subsequent expansion being a step up in degree of challenge.

thatd be awesome! The tees out there right now are super grippy too which is nice!

mash, roman, rib, paul, martin, anyone... Do you remember if Moraine State Park and Deer Lakes Park stroller accessible? Just trying to figure out if I can play with family in tow or if they'll be sunrise solo rounds so I can plan accordingly. Thanks.

I think I remember both being relatively stroller/cart friendly with a few spots that you might have to lift it up a log step or two, but I'm not usually paying much attention to that.

Latest posts