• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to blackandwhite for the win today,

Good shooting Rob!

Well done sir!
6a00d8341bfc8353ef011570bb42b9970b-800wi

Congrats to blackandwhite for the win today,

Good shooting Rob!

Well done sir!
6a00d8341bfc8353ef011570bb42b9970b-800wi

thanks guys!

For those that don't know: I shot a wimpy -4 at West. Hot round was -11. I was sitting in fourth place. Went into Highland and played consistant. I didnt want to know my score like normal.

The last hole the guy that started round 2 in second place takes about a 35ft jump putt and smashes center chains and we figured that was it..but it went into the basket and back out..turns out there was a 3 way tie for 1st place.

MEANING I had come back 7 strokes on the leader. We go into hole 1 of OT and one of the guys got knocked out. Hole 2 I was closer to the pin so he putted first and missed. I was about 40ft out in a bunch of the small crap, but had a lane. I lined up and waited and it caught left-side chains and it pulled in.

I havent had a sanctioned first place win since August of '09. Plenty of top 5's and fundraiser 1st places, and this was also my very first playoff, let alone playoff win.

/rant

^^^

Hell yeah man, that's awesome. Exciting comeback victory capped off by a sick putt? Niiiize...

Surge and I shot some West Park today, that course is epic for glow. Tons of ace runs there, I personally had glow runs on 6, 7, and 15 (15 should have went in) and surge had runs on 6, 14, and 21. We both were chain seeking those glow aces!

exploring new courses

Early Saturday morning, I decided to check out some new (to me) courses. I did not have high expectations for any of them.

I went to Mayfair Park in Westchester, then O'Brien Park in Downers Grove and finally Summit Park in Summit.

Mayfair was in bad shape. There were only 2 partial tee signs remaining. I guess it would be a good spot for practice if I lived within walking distance.

O'Brien was just OK until I hit an ace on #5. A family allowed me to play through after I finished #4, so it was fun to have a mini-gallery for my 4th ace. :)

Summit was everything I expected. Spent plenty of time fighting the mosquitoes and looking for discs. I think that place would be more enjoyable during the winter.

Last edited:
Summit was everything I expected. Spent plenty of time fighting the mosquitoes and looking for discs. I think that place would be more enjoyable during the winter.

I like that place a lot. It is a very strange DG course though... Congrats on da ACE!:hfive:

Thanks dude!

Yea, Summit is not a course where drivers are necessary except for maybe #16? I threw my putters and mids for most of the round.

If the woods were cleared out just a bit to open some real fairways, that would be a much better course. I'm also glad I took a picture of the course map before I started. That came in handy on at least 5 or 6 holes.

Really?

I did not see anyone like that while I was there, but it was pretty early in the day, as I was on my way back home by 12:30. I will certainly keep that in mind if I ever go back.

yea, a guy in a hoodie was walking around us a couple weeks ago with his head down. I thought for sure this guy was gonna try and rob us... Little did he know, I'm always ubber broke.;)

i grew up in summit my family owns a bar there still. it's a rough town for sure. but just like anywhere else, if you don't mess with them they won't mess with you. unless your flashing money around, then you might find your pockets a little lighter. always appear to be more broke than you really are.

Summit is my home course... but yesterday night, I opted to drive to Lombard rather than play Summit alone. And I'm no pushover.

But like Kumar said, I don't feel like getting stabbed tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.