• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money is an issue for me too at the moment, but i didnt think it would cost that much. Especially if we had a couple people carpool and throw in gas together. A car with at least four people, gas shouldnt be bad at all. Then the camping i assumed should be pretty cheap too. Ill look into it a little more and try to come up with a rough estimate price. When i do we will see closer to the date whos interested in going, and what the real cost is going to be.

If anyone wants to join me, ill be at channahon tomorrow. I'm going to play a round of shorts and longs. Around 10 or 11 ill be teeing off. Just let me know. Pm Me your number so I can contact you.

All right. So there's me and two other people down to go so far. We will make it the first weekend in June on the second we will leave at night. Roughly an 8 hour drive maybe a little more. Take turns driving and sleeping. Get there and play all day Friday, Saturday, and a little bit on Sunday. Maybe leave around 2 or so on sunday and head back. We will have to look into camping and we will carpool and split gas money. Let's get this figured out early so I can request off work.

I'll meet you there after I step out of the plane and hop into the rental car. :p

Money is an issue for me too at the moment, but i didnt think it would cost that much. Especially if we had a couple people carpool and throw in gas together. A car with at least four people, gas shouldnt be bad at all. Then the camping i assumed should be pretty cheap too.

When I went up there it wasn't that cheap. About $65 per person for camping and play (weekend). And gas and food. I'd say $150-200 for a comfortable weekend.. And the drive? it's far.... But there is plenty of cool discin' spots on the way up or the way back to break up the driving. And bring food up there for camping cause there is NOTHING out there...:|

150-200 per person for gas and food? I should be able to pull that. A couple cases of beer and were set. :p.
Is just bring a bunch of food then too so I wouldn't have to.waste any money on that.

there isnt much at all around but there is this sweet place to eat called the Loded Zone that served me what i consider the best omelet i ever had in my life

Well, just signed up for the warped disc golf open, so I'll see ya there Larry.

Still in novice, told myself I'll move up once I win or get rated out, whichever happens first

Anybody making the drive for the Mayhem?

Mayhem Open - Saulkville, WI

im thinking about it but i dont know about $50 in gas round trip (if it stays near $4/gal). doesnt look like im gonna play Bevier since the weather is looking awful like last yr. so i need to play at least 1 tourny before the GMO

having been to Highbridge, i have a couple of suggestions for you guys. 1) 3 days isnt enough time. the courses are long and brutal, it will not be easy to play more than 2 rounds in a day. i guarantee youll want to play every course more than once. 2) in northern wisconsin, lake superior is a crazy beast. in early june it most likely will not be the greatest/stablest weather. July and august are much nicer months up there. 3) bring your night DG equipment! its a blast up there. 4) buy your food down here or before you get north of Milwaukee, Ashland is a short drive but the grocery stores can be pricey. 5) buy your beer there (Lienenkugels comes in cans) its cheaper!!!!! big time.

im thinking about it but i dont know about $50 in gas round trip (if it stays near $4/gal). doesnt look like im gonna play Bevier since the weather is looking awful like last yr. so i need to play at least 1 tourny before the GMO

I was there last year for it...im just gonna suck it up and try to bring home the bacon

I'm out for everything the next couple weekends, Ashleigh and I are road tripping. Right now our plans include 37 courses rated 3.5 or above including most of the Charlotte courses, Winthrop, Stoney Hill, the 3 courses at the IDGC, Hippodrome and Flyboy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts