• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm not creative, help come up with club name!!!

greg_b_4

Birdie Member
Thought with daylight savings time and not a lot of playing going on I would give the forum something to do. I am having trouble coming up with a clever club name. Any and all ideas and suggestions appreciated. And if you want to come up with a logo while you're at it that would be great!

So some info to go on...

- located in Princetwon WV, mercer county, extreme southern part of the state
- primary course is Glenwood Park DGC
- Glenwood parks main focus is a lake
- secondary course is Pipestem state park
- we are very much located in the appalachian mountains
- on the border of WV/VA
- area known for wvu mountaineer sports, coal mining
- disc golf is very new to the area so most members will be newbies

If anymore info would help feel free to ask.

I really appreciate any help I can get.

Glenwood Disc Golf Club....

no need for some dumb pun of a name, choose a name that is accessible and informative. you could go by GDGC for short. Princeton Disc Golf Club would work as well.

Seconded. The first thing people want to know is where you are. Put it in the name.

Also, a normal name won't drive away normal people. Normal people can be a very useful addition to any club.

Okay, really cheesy (hey, I'm from Wisconsin!), but how about a takeoff on the old John Denver song:

Almost Heaven's Disc-ciples

The only name we ever came up with was "Tee-Baggers" in jest. One guy really liked it. Had to explain why this name was a bad idea. He still didn't get it and we had to resort to hand gestures. It was awkward.

I would really try to incorporate the Appalachian or coal miner theme. I like unique names instead of town name disc golf club. also you should get one of the wild and wonderful whites as your treasurer.