• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Emperor

Sorry, I've tried almost all the others but not that one.

Yesterday was a bunch of new discs day. I-blend Emperor was one of them. Our winds were from the north which is not real common here, so the course played backwards wind wise. This means I did not have as good of indicators for distance, turn etc as a normal day there. Anyway, this thing bombs!

I buy way too many discs. It's a problem. In all that buying, the hardest spot for me to fill has bee the more stable than Terns slot but not meathook for the 350 to 380 arm. Been through too many to name. Well, this appears to be the one. Not really sure why I am loving this so much more than say a beat Star Destroyer, but there just seems to be a slightly higher gear to this one. On two of our into the wind holes, I had throws go as far as normally expect to throw in a dead wind. I was getting good turn, but the disc always came back. Firmly in the bag.

I may even get a light weight one to see if it can be used in less wind. I'd love to be able to eliminate Terns because the release issues people have talked about for years have finally hit my fingers and I can't seem to shake it.

I've found very similar results. The I blend gets a great S curve, made me wonder if I should bag a C or Glow for straight to fade, as I've had a few turn more than I wanted with trees right.

It got crappy out so I probably won't throw them for a bit, but I went a little bit overboard ordering some of these. I know these aren't supposed to be too much different than destroyers, but I think from what I have read between the splatter and I-blend, it should be a pretty good pairing. I did pick up more of the swirly x-outs and the plh seems to be in the middle somewhere with a large dome. Can't wait to try them out.

I've found very similar results. The I blend gets a great S curve, made me wonder if I should bag a C or Glow for straight to fade, as I've had a few turn more than I wanted with trees right.

I just got in 3 emperors yesterday, all 168g as a constant. 1 I-blend, one x-out Swirly S-blend, and one Signature MF glow C-blend. I like them all for different reasons.

The I-blend is naturally the least stable, but bombs in a tailwind for me. I would say it has a slight dome to it but is also slightly flat.

The MF C-blend feels the best in my hand. It has a similar shape to the I-blend, but is a bit more stable. Usable in a headwind on a hyzer release to flip up and turn a bit before fading out, but can also be a tailwind forehand disc.

The Swirly S-blend is the domiest, and most stable of the 3. I got enough turn out of it to flip to flat, but it doesn't carry too far right (RHBH). Good as a BH and FH tailwind and headwind.

Invested in a few Emperors (2 I, 2 Splatter). Trying to find something between a normal trespass (kind of flippy for me) and a Raider/Destroyer (usually too OS, but can occasionally get a good pull), which led me here. Read a bunch of reviews and watched some videos, and it seems this could fit that bill, especially the I blends. I see the splatters are typically more OS, and I like having the same disc cover a couple different stabilities. Excited to try them out!

Infinite discs has Infinite discs for sale, right now, btw.

Ripped on one of each (I and Splatter, both 175) today. Can tell the I blend is a little softer and flatter compared to the Splatter. The hand feel is pretty good. The wing does have a destroyer shape, with a little bit more of that understable type wing design (not as much concavity to the underside of the wing; reads "flatter").

The I blend is very much a bomber. It held the line of release pretty consistently until it had a good fade, if given the room to do so. I think the 6 glide is a bit much. Wouldn't say it was any more glidey then a similar disc in that realm.

The Splatter was definitely more OS; a la Destroyer. On a good flat pull it would fly pretty straight and had a good fade. With the said I was still able to get more distance than expected, even with the fade.

I think this mold is a winner. Definitely a Destroyer for the more mortal armed players. It fits what I was looking for; something between a Trespass and Destroyer/Raider. I really want to get a couple of the MF Glow ones, especially if they fit inbetween the I And S out of the box!

A Test Run in I just showed up as a result of reading this thread a week a go and I'm looking forward to giving this one a toss later this week!

I feel like these Emporers should gain some popularity!

The I Blends get such easy distance! They are consistently flying further on holes I normally would pull the Trespass with similar effort, while pretty much just holding the line they're released on until they fade. And the S blends (Splatter) offer a great overstable compliment with the same hand feel. I think I could easily just rock a set of Emporers for distance. Still want to try the MF Glows, though.

Ordered a few Emperors to try out. Here are my thoughts which are similar to the notes here.
https://infinitediscs.com/blog/tracking-the-pharaoh-and-emperor-run-numbers/

weights are scaled (marked)

PLH
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Highest
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – slightly lower than G-Batross
• 1st Run I-Blend 178g (175) – Lowest - slightly lower than 3rd run

Wing Shape
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Most concave and looks very beefy
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – straightest/most under stable looking
• 1st Run I-Blend 178g (175) – straight with slight concave finish near bottom – kinda in between the others but closer to the 3rd run.

Dome
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Slight dome but flattest
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – the dome is nice and the same height as the 1st run but the rise from shoulder to peak is steeper in this disc.
• 1st Run I-Blend – nice dome with a little pop in the sweet spot I like

Shoulders were virtually identical and I have to believe came from a Destroyer. The bottom wing I didn't think was Destroyer but the G-batross version looks very destroyer like. I'm guessing it's a Destroyer hood with a slightly modified wing and maybe center piece.

I compared the G-Batross to a Holly Finley and Halo Destroyer. It is very similar to a Halo Destroyer in PLH/Wing but the Halo has a little more dome.

Feel wise, they are all great and the I-blend is a nice stiffness very similar to the others.
Flight
• G-Batross Run Swirl Star 176g (175) – Sorry, I didn't take it out because it looked too beefy…
• 3rd Run Metal Flake Glow C-Blend 171g (170) – more overstable than the 1st run but not as beefy as a fresh *D. Similar PLH to a Finley Destroyer but a straighter "L-wing" underneath. For my power level, it was flying 12/5/-.5/2.5 – I wasn't throwing my best and got it out 350 ish on a hyzer throw that never got to flat.
• 1st Run I-Blend 178g (175) – had a great flight out of the box as a mortal arm destroyer. I was throwing this about 10-20' further than the Metal Flake most likely due to the fact that it flipped up to flat, and would rate it as 12/5/-1/2.5.

I only had 2 throws with each disc and these were all the very first throws with brand new discs and a small headwind. I was trying to hyzer flip them like my shrykes but could only get the 1st run I-blend to pop and that was only a little. I love the feel of current driver pro plastic but have not had the best experience with durability so we will see how this one goes. I would expect it to be flippier than my Shrykes after a few trees. For now, I am thinking about taking out my swirly wraith, which is basically an 11 speed Thunderbird, for this disc as a reliable driver that can get a little more distance.

Tried our the Test Run I blend and its pretty much what you describe, a Destroyer that's kind of in the sweet spot.
I think I've determined that I really don't have any business throwing above 11 right now, but will probably hold onto this for awhile and come back to it later. I'm sure if I was really into Destroyers that I'd buy a few more.
I'm not kicking out the Wraith for this, though, thats crazy talk, lol.

Tried our the Test Run I blend and its pretty much what you describe, a Destroyer that's kind of in the sweet spot.
I think I've determined that I really don't have any business throwing above 11 right now, but will probably hold onto this for awhile and come back to it later. I'm sure if I was really into Destroyers that I'd buy a few more.
I'm not kicking out the Wraith for this, though, thats crazy talk, lol.

1 of 4 wraiths currently in bag!

Emperor

Another new disc for me today. G* Emperor, 173-5g. Reading up on this disc, I expected something similar to a G* Corvette or Shryke. What I got was something a little different.

First off, the Emperor has a wide rim and a good hand feel. I know the disc is rated at 12 speed, but it's definitely 13. Good dome as well. No flatness whatsoever.

I found the Emperor to be fairly easy to throw. It honestly reminded me of a faster G* Destroyer. The Emperor will turn, but won't flip. It has a gentle S curve flight, and holds high speed turn for a long while before fading. The Emperor has a fairly soft, prolonged fade. It's in no hurry to come down.

The Emperor glides well, but isn't quite as floaty as a G* Shryke or Corvette. The Emperor is noticeably more overstable than both of them as well. Top distance was probably 430', but I know I could do more on a warmer day.

Conclusions: The Emperor is a great driver. G* plastic really isn't my favorite stuff for max distance drivers, but I feel like the Emperor molds well in this plastic. Just a nice, neutral flier. This is a good disc for people who want something beefier than a Shryke, but flippier than a Boss. I feel like the Emperor is what the Pharaoh wanted to be. The Emperor is simply easier to throw, longer, and less finicky than the Pharaoh.

My ratings based on what I saw today... discs are also listed in order of stability.

G* Shryke: 13, 6, -3, 2
G* Corvette: 14, 6, -2, 2
G* Emperor: 13, 5, -1.5, 2

I loved the Emperor in G*, and I feel like the disc is worth a look. It turns some out of your hand, but is by no means flippy. Slightly shorter than the Corvette or Shryke, but less prone to flipping all the way over.