• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Infinite Discs Tomb

I think the Colt was the disc they made to replace the Classic Roc. I haven't held a CR for a while, but I think the Colt has a similarly shallow hand-feel (not the same mold though I don't think). When they retooled the Colt after the proto release, they made it less stable than a CR, but the Tomb flies closer to the proto Colts. So I'd guess a Tomb could be a pretty good CR replacement, although I don't think it's actually the same mold. I guess it could share a mold piece though; I've never heard anything definitive about the CR and Colt sharing mold pieces though.
The profile pic reminds me of the blunt edge of champ classic rocs. Mind you I don't own a classic roc or a tomb so this is based of memory and a picture.

I also thought the colt was an XD replacement and beadless.

The profile pic reminds me of the blunt edge of champ classic rocs. Mind you I don't own a classic roc or a tomb so this is based of memory and a picture.

I also thought the colt was an XD replacement and beadless.

I agree that the profile pics of the Colt and Tomb look somewhat similar to a CR although I think at least the bottom mold pieces look different. The Colt and Tomb have that rounded "V-tech" thing going on where the CR (and XD) have a straighter wing. As SD86 said, the Colt is definitely beaded like the CR. I've heard variously that the Colt was designed as a replacement for either the XD or CR or both. I never bagged either the XD or CR so I can't speak for how good of a replacement it is. I do like the Tomb though. :)

As an avid CR guy, the Proto Colts were reasonably close to Classic Rocs. Unfortunately they only came in DX and XT which broke in basically instaneously. If the Tomb is the Proto Colt mold, I am anxious to try one in premium plastic.

Looks like they've gone full release with these, although only in S-Blend (Star) plastic. I'm glad I got one of the DX protos while they had those. Hopefully they'll do a production release in DX eventually as well.

Looks like they've gone full release with these, although only in S-Blend (Star) plastic. I'm glad I got one of the DX protos while they had those. Hopefully they'll do a production release in DX eventually as well.

Hopefully they'll get some more of the DX Tombs in. I'm interested to see if these production S-blend Tombs are exactly like the prototype S-blend Tombs, or are tweaked a little bit. If anyone gets one, please give us a report.

The stock S-Blend Tombs are available.
https://infinitediscs.com/Infinite-Discs-Tomb

The D-Blend will be released a bit later (most likely in July). The S-Blend is fun for approach and drives.

For those wondering about the profile...I will say that the Tomb was originally run at the same time as the Innova Rat, but has a smooth, beaded rim.

Thanks for the info the D-Blend, glad to hear more will be released.

Someone in the reviews on Infinite for the Tomb said that the Tomb is a Rat top mold piece and Colt/Stud bottom, which seemed like a pretty reasonable guess to me. Your hint lines right up with that review, which is enough confirmation for me. :)

The stock S-Blend Tombs are available.
https://infinitediscs.com/Infinite-Discs-Tomb

The D-Blend will be released a bit later (most likely in July). The S-Blend is fun for approach and drives.

For those wondering about the profile...I will say that the Tomb was originally run at the same time as the Innova Rat, but has a smooth, beaded rim.

Glad to hear the news about the D-line Tombs. My only question is if the production run Tombs are exactly like the Prototype Tombs? or were they tweaked in any way? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info the D-Blend, glad to hear more will be released.

Someone in the reviews on Infinite for the Tomb said that the Tomb is a Rat top mold piece and Colt/Stud bottom, which seemed like a pretty reasonable guess to me. Your hint lines right up with that review, which is enough confirmation for me. :)

I just did a side-by-side comparison of my Star Rat and S-blend Tomb. I'll take y'all's word that it's a Rat top and V-tech bottom, but it doesn't look like a Rat top on the Tomb. Is that a spacer in the Tomb to give it that squared-off side?

Oh well, no big deal... Tomb is still accurately awesome. :thmbup:

My Tomb showed up last night. Looking forward to the end of work today to get some throws in. In the hand, it is reminiscent of the Proto Colt, though a bit deeper and with a moderate plus rim. I despise plus rims most of the time, but we'll see how the Tomb works out.

Any word if/when they may put out XT Tombs?

Or whatever Infinite calls their Pro-type blend.

I prefer non-premium plastic for throwing putters.

Any word if/when they may put out XT Tombs?

Or whatever Infinite calls their Pro-type blend.

I prefer non-premium plastic for throwing putters.

I'd go with D-Blend (DX) when they make a run of those over XT (X-Blend?). My experience with XT throwers (both Rocs and Colts) is that they tend to warp on impacts and become understable much faster than DX. They don't show physical damage like nicks and scratches as much as DX, but the warping makes them understable quicker. I like the grip of XT, and I think it putts fine, but I wouldn't go with that for throwers.

A few posts back, Todd from Infinite said that D-Blend tombs will be coming up most likely in July.

I'd go with D-Blend (DX) when they make a run of those over XT (X-Blend?). My experience with XT throwers (both Rocs and Colts) is that they tend to warp on impacts and become understable much faster than DX. They don't show physical damage like nicks and scratches as much as DX, but the warping makes them understable quicker. I like the grip of XT, and I think it putts fine, but I wouldn't go with that for throwers.

Interesting, that has not been my experience at all. I have been throwing and putting with XT Colts since they came out about 3 years ago and they have held up wonderfully.

A few posts back, Todd from Infinite said that D-Blend tombs will be coming up most likely in July.

Sweet, thank you!

If I like the Tomb over the Colt I could see carrying a D-Blend for putting and an S-Blend or D-Blend for throwing (and back-up putting).

I like to carry two of my putting putters in case I lose one during a round. Doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Interesting, that has not been my experience at all. I have been throwing and putting with XT Colts since they came out about 3 years ago and they have held up wonderfully.

Hmm, maybe I just hit more trees than you. If you ever want some flippy ones, I've beat a number of Proto XT Colts into super flip machines because of the warping. :)

Thanks but no thanks! :D

Oh I hit plenty of trees, but probably softer than you do. Mostly use Colts for straight approaches 200' or less.

I'd go with D-Blend (DX) when they make a run of those over XT (X-Blend?). My experience with XT throwers (both Rocs and Colts) is that they tend to warp on impacts and become understable much faster than DX. They don't show physical damage like nicks and scratches as much as DX, but the warping makes them understable quicker. I like the grip of XT, and I think it putts fine, but I wouldn't go with that for throwers..

You're both correct. I've had some XT discs that did not hold up well at all. But I also came across an XT prototype-marked Colt and I bought it. The XT plastic felt much better than other XT discs I'd tried, and that XT proto-Colt held up very well despite hitting trees, concrete basket bases, the poles and the outsides of the baskets on approach shots. May have just been that particular run of XT plastic, but it was good stuff.

I also agree to not wait for X-blend, and to try a D-blend when they come out.

I got the baseline Tomb and love it. Problem is on wet days I cant use this (or freezing days). If they had a classic blend type or XT type then I'd be sold. Perfect for farther putts. Kicked out my ions and soon enough wizards.

Latest posts