• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Info on the Skyquest Medusa

nofxorbust

I recently got a Skyquest Medusa 176g as a tournement prize and havent been able to throw it yet. I was just wondering if anyone has thrown this disc and can tell me what to expect from it.

I saw some strange 'ratings' for the thing on Marshallstreet:

Speed: 11.5
Glide: 6
Turn: -1.5
Fade: 2

if those flight specs are correct, then I REALLY want to throw one of these.

I saw some strange 'ratings' for the thing on Marshallstreet:

Speed: 11.5
Glide: 6
Turn: -1.5
Fade: 2

if those flight specs are correct, then I REALLY want to throw one of these.

It's slower and more understable than those ratings. I'd put it at about 10/5/-3/1
that is a thread for skyiron..not skyquest

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77328&highlight=medusa

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55194&highlight=medusa

I don't believe that to be true.

Neither do we. Just checked our data and revised the flight chart (found a number inverted in the flight data). Fixed:

1053814.png

Neither do we. Just checked our data and revised the flight chart (found a number inverted in the flight data). Fixed:

1053814.png

So if a disc gets back to the midline, where do you put it at for fade numbers (in Innova terms, since that is often quoted in these parts)?

So if a disc gets back to the midline, where do you put it at for fade numbers (in Innova terms, since that is often quoted in these parts)?

That would depend on the high speed turn values. If a disc gets back to the midline as the final position of the disc on the X-axis, the net stability of the disc would be zero. In these instances, the turn and fade would need to be the opposite values (-1 and 1, -2 and 2, etc).

In general, we don't like to discuss things in Innova terms because we believe their system to be too simplistic and limited in being able to differentiate all the unique flight subtleties among discs...hence the Relative Stability Scale :) /soapbox

That would depend on the high speed turn values. If a disc gets back to the midline as the final position of the disc on the X-axis, the net stability of the disc would be zero. In these instances, the turn and fade would need to be the opposite values (-1 and 1, -2 and 2, etc).

In general, we don't like to discuss things in Innova terms because we believe their system to be too simplistic and limited in being able to differentiate all the unique flight subtleties among discs...hence the Relative Stability Scale :) /soapbox

That's what I figured, basic math. The reason I asked is because I see a lot of -2/2 discs fade past the midline in the low speed portion of the flight, but that may be an issue of my arm speed, or a fallacy of the Innova system. Thanks for explaining.

I got a Medusa from InfiniteDiscs as a prize and promptly ordered two more. I would put it's spped as similar to a Wraith, but much more understable. It does have good fade at the end, making it an excellent flex shot disc. If you hyzer flip it, it will finish left, as opposed to some truly understable discs that will still finish to the right.

The plastic is awesome...somewhat like Discraft FLX plastic, but I would put it more in a gummy Star category myself. I like this disc, easy distance. If you have good hand speed, throwing it low and hard will get you a nice straight line out to 250-300 feet before it goes right.

Just stay away from the Skyquest Lucky 13. That thing is hot, hot garbage.