• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Injured on the way back home.

revmatty

Par Member
Was on the way back home from my home course with my bro, after a round and scoping out our course plan and mando's for the tourney next Saturday.
First stop was to pick up the wife from work. Smoke in hand, windows down, went to flick the smoke out the window, when all of a suden a burning sensation in the right shoulder blade.
Mutha F***!!! (and I quote myself)
I reach aound to pat it and feel for the lit butt, when my brother yells, stop, stop stop....BEE!!
Got zapped by a yellow jacket, needles to say drove with on hand holding the shirt away from the back, cause it's stinger was stuck in the shirt along with him, and leaning forward, trying to not get zapped again, bouncing through road work.
Now my whole right shoulder is sore and stiff, and I have this big red nasty looking, leaking (was for a few hours) blister thing on my shoulder blade.
Out for a few days........Da* Bee's.
First sting in 10 some years.

I actually have been injured going home from a round before too. I tripped over a tall sharp curb leaving a course last year, and scraped the skin off my shin down to the bone, had to have my friend drive my car home.

I hate bees or any insect of that type, sorry about your encounter. Hopefully it doesn't keep you off the course too long.

I actually have been injured going home from a round before too. I tripped over a tall sharp curb leaving a course last year, and scraped the skin off my shin down to the bone, had to have my friend drive my car home.

I hate bees or any insect of that type, sorry about your encounter. Hopefully it doesn't keep you off the course too long.

OUCH!!!!! Couldn't imagine that.

Well the good news is the pain has subsided, some, just a little stiff. Just that first intial, WHAM, seems like the hurt more when you don't expect it.

I have this fun habit of standing on fire ant mounds when i play.

I was walking back to my car after a tourny that i didn't play well in. So, one they way to the car a tripped on a little stump landed right on my face scraped up my face and my discs went everywhere. Everyone got a good kick out of it except me.

I got stung two times this summer on a dg course. One time I was looking for a disc in the rough & next thing I feel is pain in on my hand & stomach. Then a couple of weeks later I'm just sitting on a bench waiting to throw & I get stung again, this time on my thowing hand. It wasn't a good time, the pain lasted most of the day, but I got over it & you will to:)

On multiple occasions, the day before I have a round scheduled, I've teased my cat to the point that she claws a finger or two enough to draw blood and create a nice cut right where my disc rips out.

I would like to think that I've learned from this but I'm pretty sure I haven't.

I have this fun habit of standing on fire ant mounds when i play.

I hear ya there!!! Happens to me a lot as well. But I learned to watch where to leave my bag.....a friend of mine set his down to make his upshot and didn't realize he set it down in a fire ant bed, put his bag on after the shot, still not aware, and had quad straps, so the ants got ALL over him. Was not a pleasant moment for him needless to say!

I got stung behind my right knee yesterday while looking for a disc...didn't even see the basterd that stung me but felt a sharp pain behind my knee and was like "WTF?" and I rubbed it and it got red really fast...little irritating today but doesn't hurt...stupid bees!!! go make your honey and leave me alone!

Sorry to hear about your insect attack. They can be really annoying. I was stung 5 times in an hour a couple years ago when I was cleaning out some fallen logs on my parent's property.

Got zapped by a wasp whilst removing their enormous home at Midnight last Sunday. This was the first time in my 35 year existence that I have ever been stung. I was quite drunk, and ended up scraping my knee during a couple of evacuation summersaults. I wish I could have seen the whole incident from afar, or had it on tape. 5 days later, and my neck still itches. This, coupled with the huge spider bite infection on my stomache has furthered my efforts in global extinction of all insects.

Got zapped by a wasp whilst removing their enormous home at Midnight last Sunday. This was the first time in my 35 year existence that I have ever been stung. I was quite drunk, and ended up scraping my knee during a couple of evacuation summersaults. I wish I could have seen the whole incident from afar, or had it on tape. 5 days later, and my neck still itches. This, coupled with the huge spider bite infection on my stomache has furthered my efforts in global extinction of all insects.

im gonna start carrying Insect fogger with me on the course HAHA...you know when you step up to a teepad only to see a swarm of nats in the front of it hopeing you don't run into them all...yeah PERFECT fogger moment LOL...I need to go buy some after work today! :D

Yeah that's a good one - reminds me of the time I was tooling along on my Triumph when one of them MFers flew into my helmet and let me have it right on the kisser.

I once stug in high school in the face while on the way too school. It was pretty swollen when I got there, but it faded within an hour or so until it was barely noticable. I then got called down to the office because my principal (who was also the head football coach and this was in season) had heard that I had a huge wad of dip in my mouth when I walked to school that morning. You have to love living in a small town! :rolleyes:

Latest posts