• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Backpack Bag

I just love how, so many of you have made so many discouraging comments, and are so quick to pass judgment, on something you know nothing about.
Good point, now I feed bad.

I just love how, so many of you have made so many discouraging comments, and are so quick to pass judgment, on something you know nothing about.

When they (Innova) prerelease tiny tidbits of information in an attempt to hype up a product would you also love at people if they encourage preordering something they no nothing about?

If the bag is as big of a piece as it already looks it should only further aid me in the sale of my used Prodiscus 30+ bag.

I decided to get one of each color for the store. Price point at $89.99 seems reasonable, but I'll hold judgement until I get the bags in. So far the presale has netted 0 sales lmao

I decided to get one of each color for the store. Price point at $89.99 seems reasonable, but I'll hold judgement until I get the bags in. So far the presale has netted 0 sales lmao

It'd be awesome to get a video review like you did with the Prodigy BP-1!

I just received my first order from KWs - top notch service, and crazy fast, check 'em out, guys!

I guess I can wear my Magellan a little more proudly. Does that make my Magellan an Innova prototype? Must be worth more than $30 I paid for it, and its blue, not some wacky color.

My innova starter bag is still alive and kicking. Think a strap holder broke. I used it for like 1 1/2 years, then gave it to a friend. I used to punt and slam that bag, i guess i had some anger issues. Anyway, point is I abused that bag.

It still is in pretty great condition imo.

Also my best friend has used the innova tournament style for over 2 years and it has wear on the bottom corners but for the cost id say it doesn't seem that bad. It would probably last for quite awhile longer.

$85 doesn't seem so bad if they last as long as the innova small bags, Im still probably not going to buy one though.

True, PW. Innova has always had solid bags. I just straight to the conclusion of a Magellan knock-off simply by the incredibly similar looks, however, I used an Innova Competition bag for about 10 years playing 5-6 rounds a week and when I upgraded, I washed the bag and it's in fantastic shape. I could still easily sell it off for $30. Looks almost brand new - just a little sun fading.

So constantly making fun of the Magellan bags and anyone who uses one is common and acceptable DGCR behavior, yet it's not cool to make fun of Innova for releasing the same exact bag in hideous colors... :confused:

Oooooook thanks the to Morality Police for clearing that up. Clearly I was confused for a little while... since DGCR is usually such a nice, civilized place where nobody ever rags on gear or plastic.

Gotcha! :thmbup:

Well, well... I came here looking for a review from anyone that actually has an Innova backpack. Please post a quick review as soon as you get it. It's made by Hero and if it's the same material they use for their discarrier, competition and deluxe bags then $90 doesn't sound too bad.

I really want to know if the straps are heavy duty and there's plenty of padding for guys that really weigh them down with discs and fluids during the summer months.

Well, well... I came here looking for a review from anyone that actually has an Innova backpack. Please post a quick review as soon as you get it. It's made by Hero and if it's the same material they use for their discarrier, competition and deluxe bags then $90 doesn't sound too bad.

I really want to know if the straps are heavy duty and there's plenty of padding for guys that really weigh them down with discs and fluids during the summer months.

It is entirely possible Hero and Magellan contract with the same factory in China to make the same designed bags. Hero is not manufacturing these, they would contract it out. This happens all the time in other industries and does here as well. Someone on the r/discgolf site or here confirmed that the materials here are not high quality. The same happens all the time with golf clubs. Once the Chinese factory produces the irons for a company, they turn around and duplicate it and sell it as a knock off. Just the cost of doing business on the cheap in a shady country that wouldn't waste their breath laughing at copyright and trademark laws because they care that little about them.

Here is a look at the bag. In my opinion it is a good bag for the price, strictly based on first impression. Durability remains to be seen. I charged $89.99 shipped and sold all 5 that I got in. I don't know anything about the Magellan bag so I cannot directly compare the two of them material and quality wise.

Great review! With the upgrades, it looks like a Magellan all hooked up!

I had my hands on one of these yesterday. While the materials surely aren't Grip-like, it feels like a reasonably solid bag. At $90, it's a pretty good bargain. Be prepared to see a crap ton of these on the courses come next spring.

Really surprised at all the hate and bitching, much of which was sight unseen. Im new back into DG after many (MANY) years away so I have no loyalty issues or axes to grind. This bag undercuts many of its competitors by $100 and is made by a very reputable brand. I was stunned to see backpack bags going for close to $200 and up. This bag hopefully will bring some sanity back into backpack bag pricing. I'd happily buy it.

Latest posts