• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Backsaver straps

breynnmike

Birdie Member
I'm interested in buying these Innova Backsaver Straps. When looking on Amazon and Ebay I see what looks like three different models. Can anybody tell me which is the best particular one? Are they all like wearing backpack straps? Thanks for your advice.

The "back saver" straps from Innova are far from it.
Spend the extra money on Quads, Lat64 or some of the other suggestions that will be forthcoming from others soon...

you want the quadshocks not the backsavers

:thmbup: I've had the Innova Backsavers, Phenix QuadShocks, DGA Gel Strapz, Fade Gear WeatherGuard Backstraps, Lat. 64 Bag Straps & the Dynamic Discs Bag Straps. The Quads are by far the best I ever had. Just pay the little bit extra cash for the Quads instead of the Innova Backsavers & your body will thank you for it. I don't use back straps anymore because I bought a Grip bag :p

quads are money. i recently got voodoo straight jackets and they are sweet as well. ride a little higher for the shorter people out there.

Innova back savers are terrible. Pheonix quads are slightly more comfortable, but not really worth the $15.00 price difference, IMO. If you want the best back pack style straps, look for some from a ball golf company. They are about the same price, but way more comfortable than any back pack straps made for disc golf bags, since they're made for carrying a lot more weight.

idk back savers have worked out just fine for me. had them for a year. played at least 18 holes a day, sometimes over 100 at most. i also dont get the tired back that some people whine about. maybe i just need a novelty backpack to see the difference. i also had quads them seemed a notch more supportive but not $15 worth more

If you have been playing for years you will know the Phoenix Quad Straps got worse over the years. They changed manufacturers and quality went waaaay down. I experienced it first hand. They rip and tear at the seams after a year or two. My original quads lasted close to 6 years. The color faded but they never ripped. If you can find an older set you are good to go and they also have larger carabiners. Otherwise save your money for backsavers. I have confirmed this with the largest online middleman of DG who has seen a huge increase in returns of the phoenix quads in recent years.